December games

DCFCfranco

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harsh on Benfica to go out.. They were better than Celtic over their 2 games..

Celtics win at Spartak and Benfica losing there cost them.. It's rare for a team to have been outplayed in 5 of the 6 CL games and still go through.. That's cup competition for you..

I'm sure everyone will be relishing the chance to get them in the next round.. They're easily the weakest team in the last 16.. I reckon it'll be typical if we see a Man Utd-Celtic clash..

So with teams of the same nationality unable to play eachother until the 1/4 finals and a 1st place has to be against a 2nd place and 2 can't be from the same group these are the poissible matchups..

1) PSG vs Arsenal / Milan / Real Madrid / Shakthar / Valencia / Celtic / Galatasary

1) Schalke vs Porto / Milan / Real Madrid / Shakhtar / Valencia / Celtic / Galatasary

1) Malaga vs Porto / Arsenal / Shakhtar / Celtic / Galatasary

1) Dortmund vs Arsenal / Milan / Shakhtar / Valencia / Celtic / Galatasary / Porto

1) Juventus vs Arsenal / Real Madrid / Valencia / Porto / Celtic / Galatasary

1) Bayern vs Arsenal / Milan / Real Madrid / Shakthar / Celtic / Porto / Galatasary

1) Barcelona vs Arsenal / Milan / Shakhtar / Porto / Galatasary

1) Man Utd vs Milan / Real Madrid / Valencia / Celtic / Porto / Shakhtar

Now here comes the interesting bit.. Look how many teams Arsenal, Valencia and Real Madrid are limited to..

2) Real Madrid vs Bayern / PSG / Juventus / Man Utd / Schalke

2) Arsenal vs PSG / Bayern / Barcelona / Dortmund / Juventus / Malaga

2) Valencia vs PSG / Dortmund / Juventus / Man Utd / Schalke

The way it works you can have percentages on whose going to play who.. There is an incredibly good chance that Arsenal will get Barca again simply because Real Madrid, Celtic and Valencia can't get them and throw in the removal of other teams it gets more obvious..

Real Madrid are going to have an awesome tie whatever happens..

How come Cluj went out with a better GD?

I didn't want to sound thick and ask when Russia went out to Greece in the summer but I gotta know.

"Best league in the world"

Arrogant media and deluded managers take note. No English side had to face Real or Barca (the only two teams that good enough for the PL it seems) and yet they've all struggled. Even United have been second best in a few games for periods.

It's just another league.

How come Cluj went out with a better GD?

I didn't want to sound thick and ask when Russia went out to Greece in the summer but I gotta know.

Arrogant media and deluded managers take note. No English side had to face Real or Barca (the only two teams that good enough for the PL it seems) and yet they've all struggled. Even United have been second best in a few games for periods.

It's just another league.

Dont mean to be rude or know it all etc but didnt Citeh play Real? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Archived