how do you take the Rams Sir ? (and Maam)

loweman2

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used to have a season ticket from 97-08 and never missed a home game, but very rarely went to away games

Then started work on Saturdays so had to give it up, so I now just go to mostly midweek ones and make more away games, or attempt to make the big ones (Forest, Leeds)

Will hope to get back to a season ticket in time.

I'm 21...

My first game was 1-1 draw at home with Manchester United in 96. I would of been 6 - remember Laursen scoring, after that he was my favourite player for a while.

then, my first season was in 2002-2003, the first year we got relegated and was playing in the championship... and since then been going non-stop, although I did take somewhat of a sabbatical for the 2010-11 season, where I got a little restless with the ambitiousless board, the fans...etc

In my time it's been poor in the history of Derby, but we've had some relatively great moments - play off semi final felt more than a game, the emotions, the occasion... the feelings much, much more than that.

Went to odd games as a kid until I got a season ticket for Christmas the year that Arthur Cox got us promoted from the 3rd division and had one ever since - East Upper now, slightly towards North. Try to do an away game per month (as that's the maximum allowed by my pass!)

Didn't renew our seasons tickets a couple of seasons ago, girls are growing up and going out on their own most saturdays and moaned about having to go, as well as the £1000 outlay for us four. A decision I regret.

When we had a season ticket, we had to go, no hardship but no thought behind it, we just went. Now though, it's different, it has to be planned, it's more of a 'treat' and it has to fit round out lives, rather than our lives fitting round it. The girls are now whistfully asking if they can go to a match 'one day' - like they're asking to go to Alton Towers or summat, but are always doing something else when asked.

So, I listen to Big Bloomers on the radio and go on match chat and obv watch us on the telly. Sometimes, after a Tuesday night match, I do feel a bit smug, just switching off and going to bed, thinking about everyone trudging home.

That said - we're going to Dirty Leeds.....Wooo Hooo 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I had a season ticket from 2005-2009

In the promotion season and the prem season i went to pretty much every home and away game.

Then i turned into a young adult where I was torn from watching my football club for financial reasons.

The last 2 games i've been to were watford and forest at home last season. Depressing!!

Listen to every game on the radio though unless i'm at work.

I always read GSOH as gas central heating..... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> I'm old.

[size=6]V[/size]ery [size=6]W[/size]ell [size=6]E[/size]xplained...................... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I,m 50 and feel it when i come on here and hear fans saying "i have been supporting the rams all my life" and their only 21...Lol anyway been a rams fan since the good old times around 72/73 era and loved every minute of it...the old BBG was fantastic the Benfica, the Real Madrid euro nights and Everton and Chelsea and Man unt..all great memories for me...the atmosphere was electric and i mean electric and now i hardly get to any games living abroad in Spain...so listen to it when some kind person puts up a radio stream or a live stream...COYRS

Im 20, first game i can remember was a 2-2 draw against Man Utd. Properly caught the bug around 2004, can recall a lot of games from round then.

Had a season ticket in the SE corner from 16-19 however i knocked that on the head as i currently despise most aspects of Pride Park, now tend to do 3-4 home games and 15 - 20 away games, money permitting.

Archived