Tom Naylor

DcFc Dyycheee

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Defender to stay with League 2 side for another month.

Derby County defender Tom Naylor has extended his loan at League 2 Bradford City by a further month.

21-year-old Naylor joined Phil Parkinson’s men on loan for two months back in November and he went on to make five appearances for the Capital One Cup Semi-Finalists during that time, three of which came in victories.

They currently sit ninth in the table and sit outside the playoff spots on goal difference alone.

Naylor, whose only appearance for Derby this term came as a substitute in the Capital One Cup against Ssausagehorpe United, picked up a hamstring injury a fortnight ago – but the Bantams have opted to extend the loan by a further four weeks until 9th February 2013.

Manager Nigel Clough said: “Tom went to Bradford to gain first-team experience and by extending his loan by another month; it gives him more of an opportunity to get a few more matches under his belt –especially as they are still involved in the Capital One Cup and the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy.”

Naylor joined Derby in November 2011 from Mansfield Town, initially on loan, before sealing a permanent move to Pride Park during the January transfer window and he went on to make nine first-team appearances last term.

must be alright then?

I like Naylor thought he did a very good job last season - had a horrible game against scunny earlier this season but he played 10+ games to a good standard at championship level last season.

He can't play in the COCup though, due to having an awful 20 minutes with us 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> I thought he'd be much more involved this season I must admit.

I like Naylor thought he did a very good job last season - had a horrible game against scunny earlier this season but he played 10+ games to a good standard at championship level last season.

Totally agreed... I thought he looked a very able deputy for Brayford and was a little surprised when they re-called Gjokaj instead of him...

And if we gave up on players based on bad cup performances we would have had to ditch the entire team over the last few years...

Totally agreed... I thought he looked a very able deputy for Brayford and was a little surprised when they re-called Gjokaj instead of him...

And if we gave up on players based on bad cup performances we would have had to ditch the entire team over the last few years...

Gjokaj looked outstanding in pre-season, especially against Burton he was our stand out MOTM. I agree with your sentiments on Naylor though, I think he'll get the chance, would argue he is more than capable back up already - I would be more open to giving him the shout over O'Connor at times.

Gjokaj looked outstanding in pre-season, especially against Burton he was our stand out MOTM. I agree with your sentiments on Naylor though, I think he'll get the chance, would argue he is more than capable back up already - I would be more open to giving him the shout over O'Connor at times.

I'd be open to giving my Gran the shout over O'Connor pretty much ALL the time...

Haven't seen Gjokaj play yet

Gjokaj was class against Mansfield as well, very composed for his age, the fact we havn't seen Naylor since his shocking Scunny performance makes you wonder whether the likes of Gjokaj have jumped infront of him in Cloughs plans

Agree Gjokaj looked class would love to see him have a chance, sure he will later on this season

He did well as right back when Brayford was injured. Wasn't he played out on the LEFT in the Ssausagehorpe game ??

Yes he was.

It was also Jacob's first game, playing on the left and he gave him no protection at all.

Roberts was pretty much OK with that due to his experience, but Scunny got 2 or 3 players down that side when Naylor came on and he couldn't do anything about it.

He was a relly good backup for Brayford last season, and deserves a chance again in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw him Saturday night, and gave him a little pep talk 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />[size=4] [/size]

[size=4] [/size][size=4]In all honesty, I can't see what's going on with Naylor, for my money he already proven himself a good defender at this level last season and could be argued out performed an out of form Brayford and out of position Green at right back. He is a centre half, I would assume he would be put into the team. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />[/size]

He won't be thrown out on the back of one horrendous game when he was out of position. Maybe we should be looking at issues away from the team.

I dunno... He doesn;t seem to be one of Nigels "figures of hate"... Nigel keeps talking about him nearly being ready, and talking about him in the same way as Gjokaj and Hoganson so I still think he's a Naylor fan...

However, Bavies at RB instead of playing Gjokaj or Naylor is odd...

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Stand-Ben-Davies-job/story-18208745-detail/story.html#axzz2LXFId854]http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Stand-Ben-Davies-job/story-18208745-detail/story.html#axzz2LXFId854

Archived