Millwall v Derby County

froggg

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, 15 hours drive up, and 4 hours to the Wall....to see us get beat...was it worth it? Of course it was????

I didnt think we were in any danger of getting beat to be honest, they were there for the taking.

Our midfield is too lightweight, hendrick offered nothing at all today, hughes, well, what can you say, that boy can play football and will definitely move on to bigger and better things, i am sure wenger is watching his progress very closely.

Uttox, when we started singing blowing bubbles i was singing the pop side version and i could hear a few around me doing the same, memories.

Twas one of the most popular songs of the 70's on the Popside

I'm forever throwing bottles

pretty bottles in the air

they fly so high

they reach the sky

then they hit some cant in the eye...

Tottenham's always running

Chelsea, West ham too,

Derby's always running...

a running after you...

DERBY clap, clap, clap, DERBY clap, clap, clap

Funny and Original

I don't like it. Take it away.

My favourite was about the then Arsenal manager Bertie Mee enquiring if Liverpool manager Bill Shankley had ever heard of Arsenal's "end". Shanks confirmed he hadn't but went on to pay tribute the Popside, Derby. It went like this....

Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankley,

"Have you heard of the North Bank Highbury" ?

Shanks Said "No, I don't think so,

But I've heard of the Popside Derby"

DERBY (clap clap clap) DERBY (clap, clap, clap) Derby etc etc.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b4/Darren_Drysdale/220px-Darren_Drysdale

We love Darren Drysdale

He's a wonderful ref,

He is also a sergeant

In the RAF

He is frightened of nothing

Scared of nothing at all

Except giving an offside

First goal at Millwall!

Derby lost cos of DD

What was really a DDDDDraw!

But we love Darren Drysdale

Hear the Derby fans roar!!

To tune of "Land of hope and glory"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b4/Darren_Drysdale/220px-Darren_Drysdale

We love Darren Drysdale

He's a wonderful ref,

He is also a sergeant

In the RAF

He is frightened of nothing

Scared of nothing at all

Except giving an offside

First goal at Millwall!

Derby lost cos of DD

What was really a DDDDDraw!

But we love Darren Drysdale

Hear the Derby fans roar!!

To tune of "Land of hope and glory"

OK our referee was actually Graham Salisbury for the Millwall match, poetic licence means I can get away with owt!

We love Graham Salisbury

He's a wonderful ref

In the game against Millwall

He was frightened to death.

He knew that goal was offside

But what was he to do

Faced with those angry lions

Who might tear him in two.

He agreed it was 1-1

When Hughes scored from miles out.

He was in my back garden

When he gave it that clout!

Whether he is called Darren

Graham or evn Big Ben

Derby lost it because of>>>>

Daniel in the Lion's den!

Nigel Clough

"We thought we should have had a penalty at the end and one at the end of the first half.

"We can't control that. We can only control our own performance and we thought we deserved to go in level at half-time."

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson:

"It should not be a penalty. It was a perfectly good challenge. He got the ball and the referee is in a very good position to see it.

"If he cannot get that right it is laughable. It is about time these people became accountable.

Nottingham Forest manager Sean O'Driscoll:

"I can see why the referee gave it, but in my view it was not a penalty.

"I was tearing my hair out throughout the game and to be honest about it, we were lucky.

What a difference a ref makes!!

9th Derby Played 16 23pts GD4

10th Millwall Played 16 23 pts GD3

11th Forest Played 16 23 points GD3

What was Bryson doing for that second goal, should of rowed Z'd it!

was absolutely disgusting defending on his part - absolutely woeful, piss poor school girl defending.

A good player, but what he did was totally inexcusable - if one of the scapegoats had done that.. wow, this board would of gone to ****.

was absolutely disgusting defending on his part - absolutely woeful, piss poor school girl defending.

A good player, but what he did was totally inexcusable - if one of the scapegoats had done that.. wow, this board would of gone to ****.

Touch harsh?

Was poor defending, no need to get quite so worked up though. I'd argue his miss away at Millwall last year was far worse than the defending on Saturday.

'What he did was totally inexcusable' - you'd honestly think he'd mugged an OAP. Given his complete and utter commitment to the team every single week, and the amount of times he makes mistakes like this, it's excusable in my book.

The 'fans' p*ssed me off on Saturday, constantly chanting Tyson's name from before half time, calling for Clough to change it round as soon as we missed an opportunity or misplaced a pass. Everyone's a manager, aren't they. Nothing new, but I'm amazed by the patience some of these people have, it's the same faces at every away game that have a pop. If I was that disgruntled, I'd just stop going.

Touch harsh?

Was poor defending, no need to get quite so worked up though. I'd argue his miss away at Millwall last year was far worse than the defending on Saturday.

'What he did was totally inexcusable' - you'd honestly think he'd mugged an OAP. Given his complete and utter commitment to the team every single week, and the amount of times he makes mistakes like this, it's excusable in my book.

The 'fans' p*ssed me off on Saturday, constantly chanting Tyson's name from before half time, calling for Clough to change it round as soon as we missed an opportunity or misplaced a pass. Everyone's a manager, aren't they. Nothing new, but I'm amazed by the patience some of these people have, it's the same faces at every away game that have a pop. If I was that disgruntled, I'd just stop going.

But the point is, if it was Conor Doyle that made the mistake - there'd be calls for his head.

Archived