Millwall v Derby County

froggg

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hendrick...Hendrick is the reason Hughes plays on the left. Clough makes a decision and sticks to it. Tom Carrol for example. Clough will always make baffling decisions and stick to them because he believes he's right. Paul Green at right back is another, (wtf)? It's something that happens and we have to put up with it. It's the reason some people want rid of Clough, because he makes bizarre decisions that prevent players achieving their best. The question is what does he see that we don't?

Maybe hughes in the middle works so well because he has Bryson and Hendrick in the middel two - one to sit behind themidfield and the other to do the running round and breaking up play allowing Hughes the time to play.

for hughes to be in the middle it would be 4-5-1 all the time, or partner him with Bryson OR Hendrick. If he is paired with Bryson then they will be overun because Hughes is too lightweight to get a foot in if Bryosn is off running round - and Bryson is too lightweight if Hughes pushes forwarded to stop the break. No protection for the defense.

Hendrick...Hendrick is the reason Hughes plays on the left. Clough makes a decision and sticks to it. Tom Carrol for example. Clough will always make baffling decisions and stick to them because he believes he's right. Paul Green at right back is another, (wtf)? It's something that happens and we have to put up with it. It's the reason some people want rid of Clough, because he makes bizarre decisions that prevent players achieving their best. The question is what does he see that we don't?

I'd argue Sammon is a bigger reason.

Clough has to play Sammon at the moment, for whatever reason. Refuses to bench him. (I'm pro Sammon by the way, it's just an observation)

It'd be good to start with Robinson up top, Coutts right, Jacobs left, Bryson Hughes Hendrick in the middle.

I'd argue Sammon is a bigger reason.

Clough has to play Sammon at the moment, for whatever reason. Refuses to bench him. (I'm pro Sammon by the way, it's just an observation)

It'd be good to start with Robinson up top, Coutts right, Jacobs left, Bryson Hughes Hendrick in the middle.

without sammon we don't create as many chances. it's simple we cant play 5 in the middle.

But didnt we go 4-5-1 in that game - hendrick and Bryson and Hughes all in the middle of midfield? and against 10 men

I was more making the point that you can pick a game we lost and a game we won, both with Hughes in the middle. He's still better in the middle.

I dont really see the problem with the penalty, the linesman put his flag up in relation to the bloke towards the front post. that bloke missed the ball. The bloke at the back post wasnt offside. It's arguable whether that bloke at the front post was interferring with play, it happened so quick that nobody stopped playing so i dont think it was the worst decision.

The game in general, we were ****, i've seen us play at Millwall at about 6 times and we havent won once. Once again, we were ****.

Our midfield is basically 4 central midfielders, none of them are wingers so we never break with any pace or really cause full backs many problem. Hendrick is just so ineffective, does nothing, put Hughes in the middle for f*ck sake.

Sammon and Robinson are just too average to ever let us progress, just very average, average footballers.

Still not good enough away from home, hence us never really going anywhere in general.

He started Hughes and Bryson together in the middle against Ssausagehorpe . We conceded five.....

When them two were together we scored 4 and conceded 1, it was only after Bryson was taken off and the system changed did it all go wrong, if I remember right.

Six people have been arrested over a banner, which reportedly attacked a footballer who was racially abused by a Millwall fan, police said.

The banner was unfurled in a Millwall section of the Lion's New Den ground during their 2-1 win against Derby County.

Bolton striker Marvin Sordell, was abused by fans while warming up for his side's game at the East London club's stadium on 6 October.

A 13-year-old boy was banned from the ground.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-11-10/six-arrested-over-abusive-banner-at-football-match/

Six people have been arrested over a banner, which reportedly attacked a footballer who was racially abused by a Millwall fan, police said.

The banner was unfurled in a Millwall section of the Lion's New Den ground during their 2-1 win against Derby County.

Bolton striker Marvin Sordell, was abused by fans while warming up for his side's game at the East London club's stadium on 6 October.

A 13-year-old boy was banned from the ground.

[url=http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-11-10/six-arrested-over-abusive-banner-at-football-match/]http://www.itv.com/n...football-match/

Haha, yes said, Marvin Sordell is a c*nt i think, was wondering at the time if they would get in trouble for that.

The b*llocks after the game with the police closing the gate back to the train station and holding everyone up was the biggest load of bullsh*t, never had any problems at Millwall and what they did today just increased the chances of their being trouble.

I find the awarding of the first goal baffling. There player goes to try and make an attempt to connect with the ball. The current rule says when a player becomes involved with the play, doesn't say touches the ball. I would be furious for that not to be given offside. If I am a defender now I would be tempted to never play for offside as you simply have no idea if something will be given. If you go by the interpretation today, it will not be when the attacking player touches it but we know that won't be true come the first offside of the next game. Quite simply a farce.

Onto team matters, I think Clough has his 11 favourite players but they are only so effective. When we play against a team rbetter than us, Hughes will be ineffective on the wings. If you put him in the middle, we go to 1 striker, again, ineffective for us. I don't know what the answer is except to go 4-3-1-2 with the fullbacks providing the width but we know he won't do that either.

I don't know what Hendrick is offering the team at the moment as I think the game bypasses him currently. He isn't putting in the tackles and isn't influencing the play. I would like to see Coutts move inside, Hughes and Jacobs on the wings, with the two upfront. I also believe it was a mistake not to start Tyson today. His confidence would have been sky high after Tuesday.

We are a slightly better team than 12 months ago but I do fully believe we are now where we will finish. When we have come up against better teams this season we have by and large not won the games. (performances maybe but points are preferred). As someone has said, the fixture list is getting more difficult so the next few weeks will shake up the season.

We are a slightly better team than 12 months ago but I do fully believe we are now where we will finish. When we have come up against better teams this season we have by and large not won the games. (performances maybe but points are preferred). As someone has said, the fixture list is getting more difficult so the next few weeks will shake up the season.

yet before today we were 6th in the form table against top half teams and only 12th in the form tables for against bottom half teams. I guess stats can lie though

Archived