NEW Safe Standing Video featuring Nigel Clough

therams69

Hi all

Just a little update on safe standing.

First off if you havent heard Sunderland and most recently Hull City have gone public in wanting to pursue safe standing as and when it will be legalised in England.

The below video is what we also shot in Hannover when I visited over the summer. Video also includes a little interview with the most public well known person on camera behind safe standing, Nigel Clough.

Video also demonstrates what safe standing is and also interviews with me and a few German Fan liaison officers who work for Hannover96.

Enjoy and please share.

Cheers

Nick

@dcfc_flagman

[url=http://youtu.be/apX5V1IJCW4]http://youtu.be/apX5V1IJCW4

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A superb idea. Those that want to can stand for less money. Those older/frail ones can still sit in a seat elsewhere like the old days. No doubt the atmosphere would improve. Nothing logical to stop this. Who would have the final say on this? The football league? Even if the league approved it but the premiership dragged it's heels they can still be converted to seats in the event of promotion.

Good vid Nick, had a good chat with you outside the Waterfall after the forest game if you remember? Good to see you're keeping everything kicking with this stuff. Top Fan.

I do indeed mate. Good to meet and chat. Yes still plugging along with it. In fact I am believe it or not assisting with the roadshow coming to Nottingham on the 19th November. Sometimes rivarly needs to be put aside for something like this.

A superb idea. Those that want to can stand for less money. Those older/frail ones can still sit in a seat elsewhere like the old days. No doubt the atmosphere would improve. Nothing logical to stop this. Who would have the final say on this? The football league? Even if the league approved it but the premiership dragged it's heels they can still be converted to seats in the event of promotion.

Exactly.

It will need to be passed in parliment I believe. Many premiership clubs (only Villa public) want this so we need the weight of them to push this forward.

Until its legalised. It won't get legalised, Hillsborough is still too raw.

Well clearly your pint on re legalised! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Disagree with Hillsborough. Different product. Many officials are now starting to realise that the Taylor Report was an over reaction and that standing did not cause the effects of Hillsborough.

Main thing to remember is that this isnt an old school terrace. It is safe standing using rail seats.

Top top stuff Nick!! Keep going fella.

Like Muespach asked, any news on the move to South Stand.

Pride Park is just a hub of conversation now. People need some sort of jolt. It's a friggin football match!! Get emotional, angry, happy, jubilant, cry, scream. Its Derby County ffs! I only just love my family more!

Sometimes.

I do indeed mate. Good to meet and chat. Yes still plugging along with it. In fact I am believe it or not assisting with the roadshow coming to Nottingham on the 19th November. Sometimes rivarly needs to be put aside for something like this.

Definately mate.

Atmosphere will improve no-end with this in place. I hope a few more PL teams decide to speak up about wanting safe standing. I imagine it would help the cause massively!

For me it's a no brainer. The safety this system brings is unrivalled in standing. So many fans still stand at a seated ground and we've all had moments when either we, or someone round us has gone arse over when celebrating etc. these barriers are great and with the added dimension of a seat if necessary fulfills any desire the club may have for flexibility.

Great job Nick and even better to have our number 1 in Nigel such a supporter of it too.

For me it's a no brainer. The safety this system brings is unrivalled in standing. So many fans still stand at a seated ground and we've all had moments when either we, or someone round us has gone arse over when celebrating etc. these barriers are great and with the added dimension of a seat if necessary fulfills any desire the club may have for flexibility.

Great job Nick and even better to have our number 1 in Nigel such a supporter of it too.

Yep, agree with all that.

Good work Nick.

Maybe we can get a Dortmund style atmosphere with a safe standing stand behind the goal 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Also I am sick of the fact that it has to be referred to as safe standing. It is ridiculous how long we have had to wait for people to even dare mention or suggest standing. Is their a petition floating around anywhere?

Archived