Peterborough United v Derby County

davenportram

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the stats - p'borough had 16 shots on target. Perhaps 3 0 was a fair result

How many came after the sending off?

How many of those were pea-rollers that bobbled apologetically straight into Lego's gloves?

They were the home team also - not that I've ever really understood why that makes a difference...

How many came after the sending off?

How many of those were pea-rollers that bobbled apologetically straight into Lego's gloves?

They were the home team also - not that I've ever really understood why that makes a difference...

I only listened to it on the radio so I can't say the score was deserved, I'm just suggesting it may have been.

What happened ? How can we lose to P'Boro with three goals ?

Well Peterboro have won 4 out of 6.they are a strange side not drawn any games at all yet. Lost 9 and won 4, all of those 4 coming in last 6 games.

Bit like Barnsley . Beat Brum 5-1 and then lose to forest 4-1. very hit and miss.

Whats clough said about it?

Todays performance stemmed from the back, Keogh (who was awful) and Buxton insisted on lumping it long into the channels from the off. No idea why, if you're gunna lump it long at least do it towards Sammon who could maybe bring the ball down and bring others into play.

Hughes was quality and Coutts wasnt bad, apart from that there wasnt much else.

Hendrick anonymous once again, Sammon barely touched the ball, Robinson kept falling over and missed an absolute gift.

Would like to see the penalty and sending off again, both looked harsh but they were down the other end so cant be sure.

Support was ****, insisting on singing that pony Dale Cavese song that teams like Aldershot, York and Accrington Stanley sing, our lack of originality is embarassing.

Todays performance stemmed from the back, Keogh (who was awful) and Buxton insisted on lumping it long into the channels from the off. No idea why, if you're gunna lump it long at least do it towards Sammon who could maybe bring the ball down and bring others into play.

Hendrick anonymous once again, Sammon barely touched the ball, Robinson kept falling over and missed an absolute gift.

Would like to see the penalty and sending off again, both looked harsh but they were down the other end so cant be sure.

Support was ****, insisting on singing that pony Dale Cavese song that teams like Aldershot, York and Accrington Stanley sing, our lack of originality is embarassing.

Support was immense. Singing that song non stop for 30 mins including all the way through half time was class. Can't understand some people.

Support was immense. Singing that song non stop for 30 mins including all the way through half time was class. Can't understand some people.

Singing some **** song copied from league 2 and non league clubs was quality? Not in my book, especially at it was only the middle bit singing, either side couldnt be bothered to join in.

Just shows what our support has come to if that's considered class.

Well I have to say I'm pissed off about this result. Not so much in the fact that we lost, but in the way we lost- toothless, falling apart, failing to make an impact against a side who, while OK, have their weaknesses. I think part of the reason was the lack of Craig Bryson- anyone remember the game at St Marys last season when he was missing? We lost 4-0, and I don't even recall us playing that badly, just our midfield was a shambles and failed to protect the defence because Bryson wasn't there to do the donkey work. I'm not sure that Hendrick is doing that well this season, and certainly didn't do his job today.

It amuses me that we become cr*p the moment Clough starts talking about consistency (although this is probably more a result of an interviewer asking him about consistency, Clough giving some bland, non-committal answer and this becoming the headline). You just watch us beat Blackpool next week! Hopefully Ward and Bryson will be back next week and we'll be back to a stronger line-up. I hope today was, as Clough says, just a bad day at the office. We did ride our luck a few times during our unbeaten run, and I guess it just caught up with us today. While I'm disappointed, the show must go on (to quote Freddie Mercury).

Guys, why all the negativity?

This is all part of the plan. Championship survival - thats the ambition of this club.

Not 1 person in the squad is better than that, and the manager... well I wont go there!!

But thats all this club wants, anything better is too expensive.

So we will win a few, draw a few and lose a few. (just like the last 3 games)

It wont be pretty, or exciting, and probably a bit scrappy.

So all you nigel lovers, you should be pretty happy. It wont get any better than this.

We wont be involved in a relegation battle, nor will we mount a challenge for promotion.

But lets not forget, this is all part of the plan.

And it will be next year, and the year after too!!

If you want to see progress, have a look at the top 2 or 3 sides currently in league 1,

Because in a couple of years, they will be above us.

Ok, so I agree with parts of with what you're saying, but why do you only show yourself when we lose? You're pathetic.

I didn't go to game, so it will be interesting to know what you thought of it given this post is so far off?

I don't think he said the post is far off, just clear anger instilled in it so it makes for embarrassing reading. For one thing he called Keogh a waste of money, which was pretty bizarre imo.

you always seem to have so much anger and hate. i wish you occasionally had a ray of light but im guessing life has let you down. i hope u are ok x

Guys, why all the negativity?

This is all part of the plan. Championship survival - thats the ambition of this club.

Not 1 person in the squad is better than that, and the manager... well I wont go there!!

But thats all this club wants, anything better is too expensive.

So we will win a few, draw a few and lose a few. (just like the last 3 games)

It wont be pretty, or exciting, and probably a bit scrappy.

So all you nigel lovers, you should be pretty happy. It wont get any better than this.

We wont be involved in a relegation battle, nor will we mount a challenge for promotion.

But lets not forget, this is all part of the plan.

And it will be next year, and the year after too!!

If you want to see progress, have a look at the top 2 or 3 sides currently in league 1,

Because in a couple of years, they will be above us.

God , I bet its killed you waiting to post that for the last 5 games.......

Archived