Random maths

davenportram

Fair enough Albert - I doubt that many people really benefit from learning Binary at all. A bit like Pythagoras really

Pythagoras' theorem is hardly learning much though. Sine and Cosine rules are fairly useful, but how many times do you actually get right angles in real situations?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[size=7]What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?

Ever wonder about those people who say they[/size]

are giving more than 100%? We have all been

to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%.

How about achieving 103%?

What makes up 100% in life?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

If:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Is represented as:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

Then:

[size=7]H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K [/size]

[size=7]8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = [/size][size=7]98% [/size]

[size=7]And [/size]

[size=7]K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E [/size]

[size=7]11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = [/size][size=7]96%[/size]

[size=7]But,[/size][size=2] [/size]

[size=7]A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E [/size]

[size=7]1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = [/size][size=7]100%[/size]

[size=7]And,[/size][size=7] [/size]

[size=7]B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T [/size]

[size=7]2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = [/size][size=7]103%[/size][size=7] [/size]

[size=7]AND, look how far ass kissing will take you. [/size]

[size=7]A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G [/size]

[size=7]1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = [/size][size=7]118% [/size]

[size=7]So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty, that while Hard Work and Knowledge will get you close, and [/size][size=7]Attitude[/size][size=7] will get you there, its the [/size][size=7]Bullshit[/size][size=7] [/size][size=7]and[/size][size=7] [/size][size=7]Ass Kissing[/size][size=7] that will put you over the top.[/size]

Now you know why some people are where they are!

It was just a bit of fun mate, if people posted crap after half the sh*te you post the forum would be full of it.....a bit like you really. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

you tell him! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I think he's gone to cry! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Real friends let you down and are so overrated.

But I never thought to console myself with a quick 5 min thrash of maths?

Hahaha...

...quick 5 minutes of maths, more like 5 sleepless nights figuring out a ball would deflect a certain way off a coffee cup.

• 2 months later...

Here's one, probably already covered in the thread, but hey:

You're playing a game show. The host offers you three doors, behind two are season tickets for Forest, and behind the third a season ticket for the mighty Rams. You get a choice of the three. After you pick, the host reveals a Forest season ticket behind one of the remaining two doors (one of the doors you didn't pick). After this he offers you to switch to he other door, do you take the offer or not, and why?

Here's one, probably already covered in the thread, but hey:

You're playing a game show. The host offers you three doors, behind two are season tickets for Forest, and behind the third a season ticket for the mighty Rams. You get a choice of the three. After you pick, the host reveals a Forest season ticket behind one of the remaining two doors (one of the doors you didn't pick). After this he offers you to switch to he other door, do you take the offer or not, and why?

If you got the forest ST do you have to go to every match or could you burn it and buy a ST at Derby.

Archived