B*llocking for shooting

you-rams

Brayford revealed on the radio that Clough gives them a bollocking for shooting...

What a load of crap! How are we going to score if we dont shoot? there was several times during the match on saturday when the crowd was urging a player to shoot and they didnt! I know towards the end of the game Byrson and Brayford had a couple of long distance shots but it was too late.

Why cant we shoot like this every game?

Too many chances are being wasted because we are trying to walk them in.

Do you work for a tabloid?

Or nottingham Evening Post

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In an interview the other day NC, talking about Coutts' goal at Boro I think, he said they were encouraging him to shoot more and a bit earlier; I think what Brayford was talking about was being 30 yards out, being in a good position to cross or use the ball effectively, but instead just having a swing and missing by a mile. In which case, he would be due a bollocking, Unless it flew into the top corner of course.

We've improved by about 6 places in 4 years. At this rate its going to take us 8 more years to get promoted.

I don't understand why some fans keep blaming Clough for the lack of progress. Doesn't the fact that the budget for players he has to work with being so small, compared to most other clubs in The Championship, mean anything?

Coutts is way overrated... Some would think he's Messi standard by the way they keep bigging him up.. He's average, but his performances so far warrant the money spent on him..

And Clough should bolluck them for shooting from long distance.. Do you know how fustrating it is to see a team pile the pressure on and get into decent positions only for someone to shoot (usually way off balance at an angle with a running ball) and be suprised when it flies into row Z..

The only goals scored from long distance are timed shots with the correct balance.. Running and shooting at an angle from range is one of the hardest things to do in football.. Even Ronaldo whose amongst those with the best ballstriking technique of all time scues them high and wide or drags them at the near post because he's way off balanced when he's shooting..

I personally find it so fustrating to see 'hot head' shots from outside the area, those that you know will never go in.. If you want the perfect longrage goal with great technique and steadyness look no further than Matt Oakley vs WBA at PP.. Perfect.

Coutts is way overrated... Some would think he's Messi standard by the way they keep bigging him up.. He's average, but his performances so far warrant the money spent on him..

And Clough should bolluck them for shooting from long distance.. Do you know how fustrating it is to see a team pile the pressure on and get into decent positions only for someone to shoot (usually way off balance at an angle with a running ball) and be suprised when it flies into row Z..

The only goals scored from long distance are timed shots with the correct balance.. Running and shooting at an angle from range is one of the hardest things to do in football.. Even Ronaldo whose amongst those with the best ballstriking technique of all time scues them high and wide or drags them at the near post because he's way off balanced when he's shooting..

I personally find it so fustrating to see 'hot head' shots from outside the area, those that you know will never go in.. If you want the perfect longrage goal with great technique and steadyness look no further than Matt Oakley vs WBA at PP.. Perfect.

video.....? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Okay fair kop, Clough may have only said this to Brayford but its worrying why other players dont shoot as much. Wardy is the only player willing to have a shot!

We've improved by about 6 places in 4 years. At this rate its going to take us 8 more years to get promoted.

I don't understand how from one little comment on the radio that you have latched on to that you have decided what John Brayford had and hasn't been told.

Clough has been saying for ages that he wants his players to shoot more and have a go. Why have you not latched on to these comments? Why is Clough saying that a dozen times worth less than one little comment from one of our players on the radio?

Coutts is way overrated... Some would think he's Messi standard by the way they keep bigging him up.. He's average, but his

He's been one of the best players in an average side. If he's one of the best then obviously most of our squad has been below average. But can a below average side be worse than Brighton? Or be in an average table position?

I don't understand why people are so concerned with praising Coutts just to bash you after all this time, but equally, I don't understand your labelling of one of the most positive players in our team as average. He can dribble, pass, he has strength and he's proved he can take a corner.

Don't get me wrong. He's nothing special. He's a good championship player.

But Bris, you seem to have two labels for players. One being world class, the other being average. Is there no in between? Can Coutts just be a good player who offers lots to a second tier team without being labelled as brilliant, or labelled as very average?

He's been one of the best players in an average side. If he's one of the best then obviously most of our squad has been below average. But can a below average side be worse than Brighton? Or be in an average table position?

I don't understand why people are so concerned with praising Coutts just to bash you after all this time, but equally, I don't understand your labelling of one of the most positive players in our team as average. He can dribble, pass, he has strength and he's proved he can take a corner.

Don't get me wrong. He's nothing special. He's a good championship player.

But Bris, you seem to have two labels for players. One being world class, the other being average. Is there no in between? Can Coutts just be a good player who offers lots to a second tier team without being labelled as brilliant, or labelled as very average?

The best - Messi/Ronaldo/Casillas

World Class - Iniesta

Sublime player - Pedro

Brilliant player - Nani

Very good player (the star of a non-top club) - Felleini

Quality player (one of the better players for a non-top club $9mill plus) - Baines

Decent player (International class) - Sigurdsson

Comfortable PL player - (a better player in an average or poor PL side) - Mathew Etherington

Good player (PL player who plays most games in an average or poor side) - Kevin Nolan

Average PL player (run of the mill PL player) - Gary Caldwell

Now you'd get down to lower PL levels and beyond that Championship levels..

Coutts stands as an average NPC level midfielder

The way people talk about him it's as if he's in the category of comfoprtable PL player.. I cringed watching him against Forest, any good footballer would have controlled the ball and played it to a center midfielder or at least protect the ball and pass it back to a fullback.. He recieved it on at least 4 seperate occasions, spun, panicked and just hoofed it down the line to no-one.. Is that suppose to be a good leveled footballer at NPC level? I was expecting more than that given the amount of praise he's recieved on here and how everyone keeps telling me my opinions on him were wrong...

Nani - Brilliant? - talented yes but very frustrating, goes down blind alleys and given your quote

"Do you know how frustrating it is to see a team pile the pressure on and get into decent positions only for someone to shoot (usually way off balance at an angle with a running ball) and be suprised when it flies into row Z.."

I thought he would really piss you off as he is one of the worst for doing this - not that I care given it is for ManU.

Nani - Brilliant? - talented yes but very frustrating, goes down blind alleys and given your quote

"Do you know how frustrating it is to see a team pile the pressure on and get into decent positions only for someone to shoot (usually way off balance at an angle with a running ball) and be suprised when it flies into row Z.."

I thought he would really piss you off as he is one of the worst for doing this - not that I care given it is for ManU.

He does, but he's still a brilliant footballer.. He'd get into any other team in the PL no problem and he's a regular starter for Portugal who are a top 7 side in the world..

He does fustrate though, scores a few belters but also hits some way off target..

He does, but he's still a brilliant footballer.. He'd get into any other team in the PL no problem and he's a regular starter for Portugal who are a top 7 side in the world..

He does fustrate though, scores a few belters but also hits some way off target..

He may be a regular starter for Portugal but he's not a regular starter for Man Utd.

He wouldn't get into the Chelsea, Man City or Arsenal first eleven and has been touted as a possible transfer for PSG and others.

When he's great, he's great but those performances are a little too few and far between.

As for the shooting debate. Clough is trying to play as much football on the deck as his players allow and shooting from 30 yards isn't part of that. I agree with our manager.

Archived