B*llocking for shooting

you-rams

Being a boring old expulsion of human gases myself I think back to the 70s.

At the BBG we used often to see the great Bobby Charlton who is one of the best known English footballers of all time. (I say that in case you youngsters have never hears of him 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> )

In every match I can recall him shooting at the net from every conceivable angle and at every opportunity,

I can also remember that most of the time it nearly took the back off the Osmaston end stand.

But occasionally!

When Ted McMinn was a player for us it was the same and also Frannie Lee.

The "shoot on sight" policy needs to be encouraged for players who have a) natural positioning skills and 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> a heck of a kick on 'em!

Oh, and a manager who doesn't er, tell them off, when they miss! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if we were promoted within 3 seasons of clough arriving the man would've of worked miracles.

the fact is this in Nigel's squad now. the players are all his signings or academy products now we can build and push for promotion.

there is also a lack of depth and experience in the squad so yeah mid table this year would do me fine 12th-8th above that clogh has worked wonders.

the premier league isn't all its cracked up to be. this is a better league.

You've just said the squad is now cloughs squad. And yet theres no depth and experience?

We should be pushing for promotion this year and every other year, end of.

Because we like to keep the ball, it's absurd that you're criticising us for liking to keep hold of possession.

I'm not criticising for liking to keep possession. I'm criticising for not shooting when the opportunity is there!

The best - Messi/Ronaldo/Casillas

World Class - Iniesta

Sublime player - Pedro

Brilliant player - Nani

Very good player (the star of a non-top club) - Felleini

Quality player (one of the better players for a non-top club $9mill plus) - Baines

Decent player (International class) - Sigurdsson

Comfortable PL player - (a better player in an average or poor PL side) - Mathew Etherington

Good player (PL player who plays most games in an average or poor side) - Kevin Nolan

Average PL player (run of the mill PL player) - Gary Caldwell

Now you'd get down to lower PL levels and beyond that Championship levels..

Coutts stands as an average NPC level midfielder

The way people talk about him it's as if he's in the category of comfoprtable PL player.. I cringed watching him against Forest, any good footballer would have controlled the ball and played it to a center midfielder or at least protect the ball and pass it back to a fullback.. He recieved it on at least 4 seperate occasions, spun, panicked and just hoofed it down the line to no-one.. Is that suppose to be a good leveled footballer at NPC level? I was expecting more than that given the amount of praise he's recieved on here and how everyone keeps telling me my opinions on him were wrong...

Are these categories you've invented?

The best - Messi/Ronaldo/Casillas

World Class - Iniesta

Sublime player - Pedro

Brilliant player - Nani

Very good player (the star of a non-top club) - Felleini

Quality player (one of the better players for a non-top club $9mill plus) - Baines

Decent player (International class) - Sigurdsson

Comfortable PL player - (a better player in an average or poor PL side) - Mathew Etherington

Good player (PL player who plays most games in an average or poor side) - Kevin Nolan

Average PL player (run of the mill PL player) - Gary Caldwell

Now you'd get down to lower PL levels and beyond that Championship levels..

Coutts stands as an average NPC level midfielder

The way people talk about him it's as if he's in the category of comfoprtable PL player.. I cringed watching him against Forest, any good footballer would have controlled the ball and played it to a center midfielder or at least protect the ball and pass it back to a fullback.. He recieved it on at least 4 seperate occasions, spun, panicked and just hoofed it down the line to no-one.. Is that suppose to be a good leveled footballer at NPC level? I was expecting more than that given the amount of praise he's recieved on here and how everyone keeps telling me my opinions on him were wrong...

And we would be able to buy these players how ? There monthly wages would be more than what we paid for Coutts.

Nobody is making out him to be what he isnt, what they are doing is reminding you that you said he would be a poor signing based on his above average performances to date.

You however, will never admit you are wrong, its something we can all agree on 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

You've just said the squad is now cloughs squad. And yet theres no depth and experience?

There's no depth because everyone was sold. There's no or little experience because of our youth.

Now if a youthful and inexperienced side is pushing for promotion they must be ******* good! In a couple of years we'll be pushing for promotion.

We are pushing for promotion. The only problem is that others are better placed to achieve it. Yes, it's Clough's squad now. Looks quite good, given the financial restrictions,,,,,,doesn't it?

We are pushing for promotion. The only problem is that others are better placed to achieve it. Yes, it's Clough's squad now. Looks quite good, given the financial restrictions,,,,,,doesn't it?

We're very close to a top 6 finish imo. Maybe one creative player shy of a decent team. If the current line up had a Commons type player just behind Sammon, with Ward out wide, we'd already be in a play off position.

Archived