B*llocking for shooting

you-rams

Brayford revealed on the radio that Clough gives them a bollocking for shooting...

What a load of crap! How are we going to score if we dont shoot? there was several times during the match on saturday when the crowd was urging a player to shoot and they didnt! I know towards the end of the game Byrson and Brayford had a couple of long distance shots but it was too late.

Why cant we shoot like this every game?

Too many chances are being wasted because we are trying to walk them in.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you reckon that's one weeks wages or two he'll be being relieved of for talking out of turn ?

Personally, I love to see a 30 yarder rocketing into the net, I think they are my favourite goals, even over some of the intricate pass and move kind.

I think Clough will throw his towel in the pool whilst theyre on holiday...

I like the passing, but your not going to score without shooting. Jamie Ward on the other hand is allowed to shoot from where he wants. I wonder if Clough has different rules for some and different rules for others?

He said no such thing of course, nice way to take a quote out of context.

He said something along the lines of maybe getting a bollocking for having a crack, not that every single time they shoot they get a bollocking like you're trying to say. Seeing as a right back shooting from 30 yards out is a little silly most of the time.

Honestly, I don't understand some people

I wonder if Clough has different rules for some and different rules for others?

This as well, for gods sake seriously? You wonder if there's a difference between John Brayford shooting and Jamie Ward shooting? Let me spell it out for you, one is a striker with 4 goals this season, the other is a defender with 1 in 85 in his Derby career. Jesus Christ.

Brayford revealed on the radio that Clough gives them a bollocking for shooting...

What a load of crap! How are we going to score if we dont shoot? there was several times during the match on saturday when the crowd was urging a player to shoot and they didnt! I know towards the end of the game Byrson and Brayford had a couple of long distance shots but it was too late.

Why cant we shoot like this every game?

Too many chances are being wasted because we are trying to walk them in.

he said no such thing.

listen again to what he did say - not what you wanted to hear.

I think Clough will throw his towel in the pool whilst theyre on holiday...

I like the passing, but your not going to score without shooting. Jamie Ward on the other hand is allowed to shoot from where he wants. I wonder if Clough has different rules for some and different rules for others?

I doubt it....

I read an interview with Clough the other day/week and he said if they're within range and have a sight of goal he wants them to shoot more.

It's very rare you see speculative shots from us. Unless it's Ward. Put it this way, Lampard has more shots from outside the box than Derby!

He said no such thing of course, nice way to take a quote out of context.

He said something along the lines of maybe getting a bollocking for having a crack, not that every single time they shoot they get a bollocking like you're trying to say. Seeing as a right back shooting from 30 yards out is a little silly most of the time.

Honestly, I don't understand some people

This as well, for gods sake seriously? You wonder if there's a difference between John Brayford shooting and Jamie Ward shooting? Let me spell it out for you, one is a striker with 4 goals this season, the other is a defender with 1 in 85 in his Derby career. Jesus Christ.

totally agree, Clough was interviewed just before Brayford, and he said, we had some long range shoots with makes a nice change, because they was saying that how well Tomasz Kuszczak did with the two saves 60 secs since he had nothing to do for 75 mins. I just think the comment from Brayford was tong and cheek

How have I taken it out of context?

The players are so hestitant when on the edge of the box. All they seem to do is pass or wait until its too late to shoot.

If we had shots when we have the chance then we'd be scoring loads more!

How have I taken it out of context?

The players are so hestitant when on the edge of the box. All they seem to do is pass or wait until its too late to shoot.

If we had shots when we have the chance then we'd be scoring loads more!

You've taken it out of context because he didn't say what you're saying he said.

They actually seem to get it out to the wings to cross it in, which I agree with. What's the point in constantly shooting? Sure, one or two might go in every few games but it's a waste of possession.

You've taken it out of context because he didn't say what you're saying he said.

They actually seem to get it out to the wings to cross it in, which I agree with. What's the point in constantly shooting? Sure, one or two might go in every few games but it's a waste of possession.

What did he say then? Or what did he mean? What I said is exactly what I heard come out of Brayfords mouth.

Ok then. Lets see how we get on this season continuing to try and walk the ball in the net. We wont be competing for the playoffs. Just another season battling mid table.

we are a mid table side though...

I would be surprised if this team were challenging for the play offs come the end of the season.

Yeah and your happy with that?

I'm pretty sure when Clough was appointed the plan was to be challenging for promotion within 3 years...

We are now in the 4th season and theres no progress!

I don't like Clough at all but players not shooting from outside the box is the least of our troubles.

You seem to be suggesting that we don't do very well because we don't shoot from long range enough, which is a ridiculous suggestion.

He said he risked a bollocking from the gaffer for HIMSELF (meaning John Brayford) shooting from 30 odd yards out. Which is understandable considering that the guy has 1 in 85 for Derby. Where in there is he saying that Clough routinely ******** people for shooting from long range? Why are you ignoring the other posters here saying that Clough said it makes a nice change? Such as the interview about 30 seconds before Brayford said this..

We had quite a few long range shots I seem to remember, one free kick that sailed over easily (when was the last time we actually scored from a free kick?). So I can understand why the team does it, we haven't got someone like Idiakez anymore so I can understand why the team tries to get it out to the wings to cross it in.

Saying there's no progress is silly though, there is clear progress as we finished higher last season than the season before that.

Okay fair kop, Clough may have only said this to Brayford but its worrying why other players dont shoot as much. Wardy is the only player willing to have a shot!

We've improved by about 6 places in 4 years. At this rate its going to take us 8 more years to get promoted.

Yeah and your happy with that?

I'm pretty sure when Clough was appointed the plan was to be challenging for promotion within 3 years...

We are now in the 4th season and theres no progress!

if we were promoted within 3 seasons of clough arriving the man would've of worked miracles.

the fact is this in Nigel's squad now. the players are all his signings or academy products now we can build and push for promotion.

there is also a lack of depth and experience in the squad so yeah mid table this year would do me fine 12th-8th above that clogh has worked wonders.

the premier league isn't all its cracked up to be. this is a better league.

Okay fair kop, Clough may have only said this to Brayford but its worrying why other players dont shoot as much. Wardy is the only player willing to have a shot!

Because we like to keep the ball, it's absurd that you're criticising us for liking to keep hold of possession.

Archived