Please don't bring fielding back in

rammieib

They are both very similar keepers. Though Adams distribution is better. I did think in the 2nd half when they had a shot from the edge of the box he wouldn't have got if it had been on target. Also he was rooted to the spot when the deflection hit the bar.

Also he pulled of an incredible save from a very close header. We will never know if Frankie would have done the same but he may well have done

It's a tough call for Cloughie but often if a player has the shirt it's tough to get it of them!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's not many keepers in the Championship you'd swap either of them for yet the pair of em cost next to nowt

I'd rather have Camp. Atleast when Camp let's one in you get some gymnastics. He gets forward more than Fielding too like at Swansea in the Play Offs

You must be joking?

Apart from the one amazing save Legzdins did, he was average. A few too many poor kicks for my liking.

I totally agree. I can see why there are a lot of fans that are keen on him due to his size and presence, but apart from one fantastic save in the second half I thought he was no more than OK. There was two or three poor kicks, I can't remember Fielding making too many mistakes with his kicking this season.

Not joking at all. Love it how you say "apart from this he was amazing" - we could always say apart from.

Generally his kicking was good, few nervous ones but I don't remember him kicking any long balls directly out of play. Fielding does that for fun.

He punched at least three times in the game, that's more punches than Fielding has done all season.

The shot which came off the bar, I loved the way he took control of the rebound and said I am getting this regardless of who I take out. Fielding will not have come off his line.

I don't believe fielding would have made that 'amazing' save simply down to the fact he is smaller.

I think if you look at all the goals we have conceded this season, I think about 5 or 6 of them have indirectly been caused by Fielding - refusing to come off your line for simple crosses which were headed in the six yard box, or parrying shots which should have been held or pushed to the side.

I am not saying that Legzdins wouldn't have made these mistakes but on what I have seen of him, he has not conceded yet from open play, ahe controls his box more, comes off his line, has more physical presence and doesn't give the ball away as much from his kicking. So in conclusion, keep him in the goal please.

Not joking at all. Love it how you say "apart from this he was amazing" - we could always say apart from.

Generally his kicking was good, few nervous ones but I don't remember him kicking any long balls directly out of play. Fielding does that for fun.

He punched at least three times in the game, that's more punches than Fielding has done all season.

The shot which came off the bar, I loved the way he took control of the rebound and said I am getting this regardless of who I take out. Fielding will not have come off his line.

I don't believe fielding would have made that 'amazing' save simply down to the fact he is smaller.

I think if you look at all the goals we have conceded this season, I think about 5 or 6 of them have indirectly been caused by Fielding - refusing to come off your line for simple crosses which were headed in the six yard box, or parrying shots which should have been held or pushed to the side.

I am not saying that Legzdins wouldn't have made these mistakes but on what I have seen of him, he has not conceded yet from open play, ahe controls his box more, comes off his line, has more physical presence and doesn't give the ball away as much from his kicking. So in conclusion, keep him in the goal please.

I never said "apart from this he was amazing".

I said "Apart from the one amazing save Legzdins did". Fielding rarely makes a mistake! No way is it his fault for 5 or 6 of them. Show me which ones these are...

Legzdins is big, thats it.

I never said "apart from this he was amazing".

I said "Apart from the one amazing save Legzdins did". Fielding rarely makes a mistake! No way is it his fault for 5 or 6 of them. Show me which ones these are...

Legzdins is big, thats it.

Come on You-rams, to say that "Legzdins is big, thats it" is a bit daft. He is a very competent goalkeeper who has not let the club down on the odd occasions that he has played.

Not sure why so much importance is attached to having the same goalie week in, week out. Do defenders really feel flustered having someone different in goal? As a team, we hit the ball long from goal kicks mainly.

I'd keep playing Lego until he hits a bad patch, then I'd drop him and play Fielding and do the same. Competition in that position is as healthy as any other. They've both proved they're reliable, and both are good keepers.

Dont think fans should slag of the other keeper because they prefer the other.

Both are very good keepers for this level IMO

If anything maye Fielding has stayed at a certain level for a while and maybe playing Lego for a bit will give hiv the encouragement to push on again, so I agree with Asanoic keep with Lego until he becomes a little stale....

Come on You-rams, to say that "Legzdins is big, thats it" is a bit daft. He is a very competent goalkeeper who has not let the club down on the odd occasions that he has played.

Not let the club down? Hes only played a handful of games...

Boroughs first, Wednesday's equaliser, burners winner, boltons first all spring to mind. 3 of them crosses where he was routed to the line. I think Legzdins would have come off his line in all occasions.

These are the ones I can remember.

Boroughs first, Wednesday's equaliser, burners winner, boltons first all spring to mind. 3 of them crosses where he was routed to the line. I think Legzdins would have come off his line in all occasions.

These are the ones I can remember.

Saying you "think" legzdins would have come off the line is different. What happens if we stick him in the team and he does exactly the same as Frank?

Remember a few years ago now, arsenals number 2 played for about 4 or 5 games, and kept a clean sheet in every one of them. As soon as their number one was fit, he was straight back in though. He even let in a goal, although I think they still won. I always remember that as it would make a good pub quiz question.

Anyway, point is, the number one is the number one, and the number two is the number two, very rarely does that swap. I think goalkeepers accept that. And ithinknits different for goalkeepers than for other positions. Frank hasn't done anything so heinously wrong that he will be dropped.

Archived