do you think radioderby could......

Pudding Jack

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brayford did a lot of "gallivanting" on Saturday!

Not sure nige would be pleased...

I've warmed to Bloomers of late and actually like Roger Davies too.

Richards and Hall were a great double-act but they did plenty of waffling on about pies etc themselves.

Anyone else cringe at the guys that commentate on the non-league games though?? I assume they're local but I don't recall ever speaking like that!

I have listened to a lot of other local commentaries and in all honesty, Bloomers is head and shoulders above anyone else I've listened to recently.

I think the Derby fans they get on the show often need eradicating from the use of media though, most of the time they're short sighted, small minded... horrible opinionated *******.

I would like to see the commentary team take the piss out of them a bit more, really ridicule the ****** for what they are!

Radio Derby were always going to find themselves in a difficult position when established broadcasters like Graham Richards and Colin Gibson eventually decided to call it a day.

It's very difficult to find someone who has the passion of a fan, a thorough knowledge of the game and can keep an audience engaged when they talk and then of course if you do, it's very hard to keep hold of them.

Broadcasting is something very few master and it is very difficult to find a single broadcaster who is universally appreciated. So it is no surprise that Bloomfield and Davies come in for stick.

I must admit that I do find Bloomfield and Davies a difficult listen but at the same time, it's understandable. They are both still relatively green in broadcasting terms and probably find the job a vast step out of their comfort zone.

We may find in 5-10 years that the malaise towards them changes once they've grown into their roles.

I listen to Radio Derby but only because it has the commentary and interviews. I can take or leave the presenters / commentators. I was lucky enough to be able to enjoy many years of Graham Richards and in local radio terms he's a difficult act to follow.

For the record it annoys me that Colin Bloomfield supports Shrewsbury, at least we should have a Derby fan on our radio station!

I personally dont want the commentators to have the "passion of the fans" as you call it.

Whilst they arent going to be impartial, I expect them to be professional.

Like say the TV companies would be with england.

Having Gibson or bloomers, refer to forest as the red dogs, doesn't sit well with me as they work for the Beeb!

I also think it undermimes the rest of the games derby play when they get so excited about a goal or a win against forest in comparison to every other rams match

I personally dont want the commentators to have the "passion of the fans" as you call it.

Whilst they arent going to be impartial, I expect them to be professional.

Like say the TV companies would be with england.

Having Gibson or bloomers, refer to forest as the red dogs, doesn't sit well with me as they work for the Beeb!

I also think it undermimes the rest of the games derby play when they get so excited about a goal or a win against forest in comparison to every other rams match

I agree! "reddogs" is so last year.......they shud refer to them as GUMPS...

Archived