do you think radioderby could......

Pudding Jack

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've got to remember that Bloomers also works for RD as a daytime DJ (BBC cuts and all that) so if its between him and that bloke in the morning with the annoying voice then I'd go with Bloomers all day long...

Roger davies i quite like.(but thats because i just happen to like him as a person).

Yes he's restrained in his criticisms but actually a voice of moderation amongst all the shrill outrage of those around him is quite a blessing at times.

Bloomfield is sometimes ok, sometimes poor.

As others have said ....too much uninformed opinion....and not good at formulating questions in interviews.

Many questions merely invite nigel or whoever else to give a yes or no answer to validate bloomers own suggestion or opinion.

Unfortunately many commentators since graham richards have followed the bad example he set of using the platform to commentate as an opportunity to inflict their own opinion on everyone listening.

Colin - Just describe the action please (for those who are unfortunate enough to need you to be their eyes and ears).

But the worst has to be Ed dawes.

Absolute drivel.

Another one spouting his opinion instead of just describing the action or reading out the scores or whatever it is he is supposed to do.

and reading out 5 minutes of mindless tweets makes me cringe every time.

And Ed - We know you were a mascot in 1984 or whatever it was; we know your first ever match was hartlepool away, and we are not interested.

We don't care.

It isn't about you and it wasn't interesting the first time you told us.

Shut up.

I like Colin Bloomfield. Can't see your problems at all.

Graham Richards the legend used to waffle bloody loads.

ya right, he did waffle on a bit, but he was the closest we could get to 'actually being there'

Graham had the ability to virtually put a picture in the listeners mind of how things were going,

he had me pacing all over the house with his commentaries, biting my nails, kicking the cat etc..

I'm with RamNut, I like hearing Roger because even though he's quiet at times if we're playing **** he says we are but he also describes some parts of the game pretty well. I also really liked him when I met him, could talk to him for hours!

I just can't stand the -

"He's got gloves on"

"We need sunglasses his boots are so bright"

"I get the feeling he wont be on his Christmas card list"

"The woman in front always listens and gives us a wave"

"Stopped off at ( ) little chef"

"Lovely bit of cake"

But my worst, worst, worst one is....

"Frank Fielding fisted it"

I could nut my laptop when he says that!

Colin Bloomfield@ColinBloomfield

Had some fun reading the Derby forums this weekend.

If you're reading this Col - did you really say 'big dicker' yesterday, and was it a bet?

Oh, and I think you do alright - praps a bit more commentary and less chit chat but when there's nothing doing, what else can you fill it with. We sometimes get told off for going 'off topic' on the bloody matchday chat - so you're never gonna win.

Hi to Mrs Ram btw - yes I did say 'big Dicker' yesterday-it wasn't until afterwards that I realised! And yes, there's lots of time to fill!

I'm just going to add myself to the pro Bloomers side, not just because he's reading but I think he does a decent enough job both on the radio and off the radio on Twitter.

Also criticism is fine but telling blatant lies is not, I'm watching and will hit you with my mod stick if theres anymore, behave

In the run up to last Sunday's match, RD repeated Bloomers' commentary of last seasons win at forest.

There's no doubt in my mind that Bloomers was genuinly chuffed that Hendrick had scored against them, his enthusiasm and joy in his 'you little beauty' comment was plain to anybody listening, regardless of whether or not he's a Ram's fan.

I reckon he does a great job on commentary and I also listen to his evening shows. There's one thing I disagree with you on though Colin and that's the new Bond theme. As good as Adele is, she cannot compete with Dame Shirley.....or Carly Simon....or Sheena Easton 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

And he made me laugh when he started talking about blue arse fly's. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

If you think Radio Derby coverage is bad just listen to some other local football match or phone in.

I was stuck in a traffic jam in Leicester one Monday night and their amateurish hysterical drivel was so bad it was hypnotic. They made Roger Davies sound like Einstein and Bloomfield a cert for a Sony.

Archived