do you think radioderby could......

Pudding Jack

I don't like 5 live and stuff either. Talksport.

"Cole to Terry, Terry into Hazard, now it's back with Terry. Lampard picks it up and shoots"

Shoots? I thought the ball was in Chelsea's half?

I listened to Hull once when I was working away. no commentary, an hour and half talking about Hull's players, fixtures, results, ambitions, manager.... "And it's with Ayala, GOAL!!"........ Awful.

We compare him to the best of the best now. But I still don't care about the price of ham in Suffolk.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He couldn't be any worse than what is currently on offer. Bland, boring and ******* scared of saying anything to upset the management.

The off switch is the only answer.

What is there to say to upset the Mangement? Are you asking them to be deliberately provocative to suit your own pre-conceptions, which I'm sure are ill-informed and inaccurate.

We are taking about Radio Derby and not 5 Live, and as such, I want a little bias and passion in favour of my team. For me they do a cracking job and long may they continue.

Couldn't disagree more, his commentary is abysmal, his football analysis even worse. That Forest commentary was totally pre-planned and contrived. He wants to be popular but he never will be. That he isn't a Derby fan doesn't matter, what does is he is not a football man, I believe he has never played a game in his life. His lack of feel for the game is so clear.

I don't listen to Radio Derby at all any more. The last straw was Colin Gibson's abrupt departure, a lot of people have questioned him over the years but I always enjoyed listening to him.

Well, Bloomers is popular with me and a few others it seems, but if others (like yourself) have a different opinion, that's up to you. Can't say anything else really.

I have questioned Bloomers commentary in the past, but I think he is improving all the time.

Nobody is totally liked by everyone, not many liked Ross Fletcher until he went, cause he was compared to Sir Graham. Bloomers is compared to Fletcher.

Its a thankless task, thats for sure.

Keep calm, and carry on.

If we were winning more games, this thread wouldnt have been started.

Radio Derby is not worth bothering with. Not just for football I will add.

What's so wrong with it? I love RD, first thing I do on a morning is put Phil Trow's Breakfast show on. (7 - 10am Monday to Friday if anyone's bothered). He has some cracking phone in debates.

I was just curious to know why your dislike is so apparant?

tbf, since Paul McKensie left, its gone down hill.

Not heard of him Boycie, (but I've only been a listener for about 12 months?).

I've been in the Brum area since 1981.

When I lived in Swad Radio Derby was brilliant for news and especially for it's coverage of both Derby County and Burton Albion.

I particularly liked the fact that it did not neglect the south of the county and often covered Burton and Swad events.

Of course, the legendary Graham Richards was second to none and he even made a Derby defeat more bearable.

When I came to Brum I couldn't believe how much worse the commentary was. Getting ecstatic about the most miserable "near miss". Then they developped this rotten habit of talking to each other for 90 minutes and treating anything which happened on the pitch as an annoying interruption. Sadly it sounds as if this disease has spread to Radio Derby.

Such a pity!

I sit neat the commentating pair and if I say so Bloomfield is loyal his job, he sits for 40 minutes before the game researching, reading the programme and talking to and asking fans on their opinion on the other hand Davies publicises in the Marston stand and the boxes and comes to talk at the last moment before airing to broadcast

RD do an okay job. Gibson hasn't been replaced though, Nigel is without a doubt a very difficult person to interview, a sullenness seems to transcend the airwaves, I'd like him pressed a bit further at times rather than a contrived attempt to get answers without upsetting the apple cart, it doesn't work, rather 5 or so minutes of meaningless back-and-forth.

Bloomers has to carry the show himself at times in view of the fact that Davies has never once got off the fence. Hes pretty good at his job compared to most local radio. Still waiting and praying for a Richards cameo apperance once more, it'd probably make my season.

Archived