Youngsters for sale?

warren u f

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody hell, I don't want him to be sold. He's got a lot to offer us, hopefully he'll help to get us further up the league.

I know, I know, it's all about the money but can't he at least do a season or two for us first??

I would say hes worth more than 8 mil jordon rhoads went to blackburn for 8 ml imagen how good hughes will be at the end of the season

I bet if he was at F****t you would say 100k at the most 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Lots of these decisions are driven by the parents. Some want the prestige of their lad playing at the highest level as young as possible.

Some (usually ones who know football) will be keen for their son to develop with the club that gave them the opportunity, and move when the time is right. Build your career from down up, rather than peaking on the bench at Arsenal and dropping down to the lower leagues.

Tom Ince is a great example. Blackpool are looking after him, and giving him a great platform to build on. I'm sure he could have moved to a big boy by now.

I wouldnt sell him unless the Walcott/ Oxlade Chamberlain type fees start being bid.

I dont expect us to sell him at all for a while yet, mostly because no club is going to want to bid much for him yet.

The two you mention made 21 and 38 appearances respectively for Southampton, Hughes has made 8, get real, strewth.

Also those 2 above looked like huge prospects that were already ripping NPC/League 1 defences apart..

Does Hughes really look that good? Remember Victor Moses only went for around $2.5mill and he looked a top prospect at this level.. I think people looking at $8mill+ fees are living in a dreamland.. For those types of fees Hughes has to look like the best player on the park by some distance most games.. Does he?

Also those 2 above looked like huge prospects that were already ripping NPC/League 1 defences apart..

Does Hughes really look that good? Remember Victor Moses only went for around $2.5mill and he looked a top prospect at this level.. I think people looking at $8mill+ fees are living in a dreamland.. For those types of fees Hughes has to look like the best player on the park by some distance most games.. Does he?

Starting to.

Palace were in Admin if I remember correctly, they werent in a position to haggle over the price

It's not about the sensible price or what hes actually worth, it's about how badly we can rip off Arsenal.

Archived