Huddersfield Town v Derby County

froggg

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been to the stadium, but apparently it's lager than it looks...

Ahem.

I think we'll win this one, 2-1- Sammon and Robinson for us, Hammill for them. Debating whether to book the time off work for this one, I'm owed a day off- depends if I can afford it too!

Terriers fan here! You lot certainly seem to be pretty confident of beating us or at least gaining a point on Saturday!

We're still finding our feet obviously so making predictions is hard for me at the moment. Without doubt the standard of play is much higher in the Championship and is massive step up for us but on the plus side, despite losing Jordan Rhodes, we have strengthened our squad considerably, particularly in midfield and defence.

We were unlucky to lose at Cardiff City in the opening match, then Forest battered us at our place only for us the steal a point at the death, in out next home match we convincingly beat Burnley 2-0 and should have won at Ipswich last time out but missed a penalty in the dying minutes, it ended 2-2.

I have no doubt this game will be another big test for our lads against an established Championship side but don't run away with the idea we're a push over. We're difficult side to beat and we work very hard! The biggest difference I saw in our game with Burnley game was the away team came to attack, where as we've been used to having to break down negative tactics.

I'm looking forward to a good attacking game of football, have a good day out but not too good hey? If you want some boozer/food info just ask! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Terriers fan here! You lot certainly seem to be pretty confident of beating us or at least gaining a point on Saturday!

We're still finding our feet obviously so making predictions is hard for me at the moment. Without doubt the standard of play is much higher in the Championship and is massive step up for us but on the plus side, despite losing Jordan Rhodes, we have strengthened our squad considerably, particularly in midfield and defence.

We were unlucky to lose at Cardiff City in the opening match, then Forest battered us at our place only for us the steal a point at the death, in out next home match we convincingly beat Burnley 2-0 and should have won at Ipswich last time out but missed a penalty in the dying minutes, it ended 2-2.

I have no doubt this game will be another big test for our lads against an established Championship side but don't run away with the idea we're a push over. We're difficult side to beat and we work very hard! The biggest difference I saw in our game with Burnley game was the away team came to attack, where as we've been used to having to break down negative tactics.

I'm looking forward to a good attacking game of football, have a good day out but not too good hey? If you want some boozer/food info just ask! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I don't think we're underestimating Huddersfield, just a bit (over)excited by our potential and good football in recent games. We should be bringing a few as we've got a bit of optimism going on. Well up for it after a fortnight without proper football. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Great to hear that you're bringing good support tomorrow! Large away followings are a massive advantage of being promoted because last seasons average was between 200 and 300 and while the two Sheffield clubs filled the way end (4800) the rest of the teams brought pitifully low numbers. The atmosphere at the 'McSmithspharm' is much better when there's plenty of visiting fans so it should be good tomorrow.

It seems like an absolute age since we last played each other on account of us being in the football wilderness for so long and that's true of quite a lot of teams we'll be facing this season. When the fixtures for this season were published in June I compared them with what we would have faced if we'd not been promoted and the difference is incredible. So we're all hoping that our players are determined not to slip back into the backwaters again!

Archived