The Derby Way

RAM1966

Everything seem to have gone drastically wrong just before Mels 'The Derby Way' comments.  The payers got Clement the sack, possibly with very just cause, if certain rumours are true.  But has this lead to an overall player revolt?  Is this animal farm all over again (The George Orwell version :p)  and is Mel the Farmer???

There clearly is something badly wrong behind the scenes, even Stevie Wonder could see it.  So what is the answer?

a.  Buy new players and drop the non-performers - This is an extremely expensive way to solve the problem, maybe sitting down with the players and try to resolve the issue is a better way ahead. 

b.  Drop players and bring in the youth, we have been forced to use youngsters in years gone by due to injuries and the need to sell our prized possessions.  We have found some real gems, there is some real talent coming through the ranks so maybe not as risky as it sounds.

c.  A combination of the 2?  A bend of youth coming through with the additions, this could provide a blend of quality and raw talent that can compliment each other.  What's wrong with chucking an 18 yo with 15 mins to go when its a drab stalemate?

d.  As mass cull and replacement of all the ring leaders, if we don't the rot is there and it may spread to any potential new team mates coming in.

I suspect Mel's early antics, going in the dressing room and cancelling player mini breaks have not helped (Because they aren't on enough money to pay for the own holidays :angry:).  These guys are in a very privileged positon and earning bags of money for doing what 'should be' their first passion in life.

Conclusion - Mel appears to think throwing money at it will fix the problem, my view is he needs to get Pearson to probe the payers and find out why they are showing a complete lack of passion.  I would sit the players down, listen to their gripes and try to address them.  After that I would banish any non-trier to the reserves and youth squads and keep them away from the first team.  Use them as Rammy/Miss Ramy on a match day, sell gold rush tickets, in fact make the ***** sweep the car park, whatever it takes to show these players that the Chairmen and Manager run the club not the players!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more concerned about how Mel's Derby Way seems now to have been abandoned, though I think it is in part down to the short-termist attitude of many supporters and the demands for instant promotion. 

I think it's a real, real shame because what he was saying sounded to me like the best way to achieve sustainable premier league football and I was really excited. In contrast i'm struggling to summon much interest in this season.

It's ********. Thought the Derby way was to have was it 5 home grown players in the squad or something like that. The club is now panicking and rushing into signing. If we were to go up this season which we won't but this is what the club is aiming for none of these players are good enough. They're not good enough for the championship let alone premier league 

The Derby way isn't playing like West Brom every week which is what has been happening. I'm happy to play any which way but loose so long as Nigel sends his players out to actively try and win football matches. If we finish 12th trying to win games of football then I've no complaints. We've signed Vydra which i'm excited about and looking to bring in more players so maybe the Derby way is ON it's way and we'll see it soon enough.

Archived