The Derby Way

RAM1966

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, King Kevin said:

Dunno what it is but I bet Mel wished he had never said it.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25420261

Just read that and replace Cortese with Morris and Southampton with Derby. 

Too few people bought into what we were trying to do… a vast majority didn't even understand it. All those cries of "Mel Morris doesn't want promotion" were silly. 

1 minute ago, cannable said:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25420261

Just read that and replace Cortese with Morris and Southampton with Derby. 

Too few people bought into what we were trying to do… a vast majority didn't even understand it. All those cries of "Mel Morris doesn't want promotion" were silly. 

To be fair I did know what he was getting at ,I also said it wouldn't work .Please feel free to check my posts ,having said that my post was tongue in cheek doesn't always translate well on the tinterweb :thumbsup:

On 28/08/2016 at 11:07, ossie-ender said:

the Derby way is having egomaniacal directors that think they know best and get rid of two great managers

I thought it was about having opinionated sausagehead 'fans' screaming that their opinion overrides everything else.

Works for me.

I'm a new rams fan here from the United States. I've always been a fan of the game but never could pick a consistent team to support, I'd typically pick a premier league underdog to support each year but could never stick with one, and never wanted to just bandwagon on one of the big boys. Decided I needed to ultimately pick a team to stick with and thought where better to look than the championship and after a bit of research have committed myself to DCFC, main reasons being the history: founding member of the football league, the whole Brian clough saga, storied supporter history, and the consistently high attendance figures, and honestly because I find tom ince's career hysterical. Anyways, there's only so much you can learn about a club from Wikipedia and other places and so I'm asking for people to share Derby county facts or stories that are important to being a fan of the club. Favorite memories, players, defeats, really anything. Excited to hear!

Welcome Mjp1004!

To follow the Rams is essentially to follow a soap opera with added football actually.  Over the years pretty much everything bizarre that could possibly happen has happened to us.  I was born in Derby so for me there's no choice, if you are born there you breathe it in with the air as you grow up.

A few highlights -

Clough Snr (see The Damned United BOOK not film)

The Coffee Cup goal v Forest (the cup is now on the wall at the iPro)

Being owned by crooks and having to protest outside the ground to get rid of them 10 years ago (I was there)

Beating Forest away with 10 men

Most of the McClaren era

Brentford away last season (I was there)

There's a book called The Little Book of Derby County that's full of this kind of stuff.

You won't find a team anywhere with such passionate fans, strange history, or potential.  If you can stomach the fact that this potential is often unrealised and that the highs and lows often occur unpredictably then you are clearly made of strong stuff and in that case you have definitely come to the right place!

COYR!!!

LondonRam2 

Archived