McClaren still head coach as it stands..

​I don't believe that the club have said anything - they cannot be blamed for the hysteria of others, can they?

Can they?

As far as I can tell, a journalist who is quite often right has tweeted that McClaren has gone, and two journalists more closely associated with Derby have tweeted the opposite. The hysteria has been generated by the fans.

Personally I think that whatever the outcome, I have been proved right on one thing today.

Many people are idiots.

The daily telegraph guy tweeted he would be leaving...DET tweeting he is still coach.

neither tweet contradicts the other.....

to add up a wealth of evidence, analyse the evidence does not make people idiots.

the status of situation dictated Mclaren likely to leave after woeful last day performance.

and once reliable itk's started saying two days ago there was a meeting to be held, it implied he would be leaving.

to stick to your assertion he was not leaving, because it had not been officially announced smacks of head in sand moment.

how can you believe in history..there are often scant pieces of evidence, just LIKELY conclusions as to what happened. 

It is frankly annoying to hear you call people idiots...when said people were using and assimilating a wealth of information to reach their conclusion.

many predicted he would leave based on our embarrassing end of season collapse. We are an ambitious club and coach/manager is a key position. 

Brett Wilson commented publicly ages ago something along the lines of we will be fine whoever is our manager. In any organisation having the top people say such things about the post you hold is not a great sign.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he goes, interesting the club are willing to wave of the reported £2 million if he left for another club. That can only show that the club want to bring someone in early to let them get going and the club do have a war chest behind them.

at least Clement will know Albentosa better than most!

The daily telegraph guy tweeted he would be leaving...DET tweeting he is still coach.

neither tweet contradicts the other.....

to add up a wealth of evidence, analyse the evidence does not make people idiots.

the status of situation dictated Mclaren likely to leave after woeful last day performance.

and once reliable itk's started saying two days ago there was a meeting to be held, it implied he would be leaving.

to stick to your assertion he was not leaving, because it had not been officially announced smacks of head in sand moment.

how can you believe in history..there are often scant pieces of evidence, just LIKELY conclusions as to what happened. 

It is frankly annoying to hear you call people idiots...when said people were using and assimilating a wealth of information to reach their conclusion.

many predicted he would leave based on our embarrassing end of season collapse. We are an ambitious club and coach/manager is a key position. 

Brett Wilson commented publicly ages ago something along the lines of we will be fine whoever is our manager. In any organisation having the top people say such things about the post you hold is not a great sign.

​I stand by every word - MANY people are idiots. The only person I have indirectly called an idiot is Curtains - for saying that if McClaren stays, then he will not back him, and my assertion to that nonsense is that would be demonstrably an idiotic decision.

So is mine but is McClarens. 

At least I bought a season ticket and have supported Derby for 53 years 

Oh, we're playing 'who is the biggest Derby fan' are we? :D

My first season ticket wasn't 53 years ago (Malaya would have been a hell of a long way to come back for home games) - I've no idea when I really started supporting Derby because Reg Harrison and Jack Stamps were family friends when I was a nipper (in fact my dad was Reg's sergeant when he did his National Service) - but I did get my first in 1966 - it cost me 4 or 5 weeks paper round money. I did have a sabbatical when the Amigos were here, but since they left I've had one ever since. I'm just allergic to giving money to crooks.

Here comes eddies little helper. 

​So you don't have an answer?

I'm paraphrasing but here's what Eddie once said to me - 'I like to believe that there's a little bit of good in everyone, but I'm willing to make an exception for you'. Not quite how you paint it. 

This  is the most ridiculous thing  to tweet and I'm surprised at Steve Nicholson but I suppose it's factually correct for now  

Clubs don't make announcements late at night but it's leaked out IMO what will happen tomorrow .

SSN saying future decided in next 24hrs to cover themselves the same as Daily Telegraph 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/derby-county/11622430/Derby-County-sack-Steve-McClaren-as-Real-Madrid-coach-Paul-Clement-waits-in-wings.html

Its hard to see how the relevant relationships can survive this process.

I therefore assume that both sides are in a stand off.

The club presumably haven't got proof that he has had inappropriate contact with newcastle, but want to sack him and potentially sue him for damages and breach of contract if newcastle don't pay up the compensation; Clement on standby.

Newcastle may have been trying to engineer a situation which saves them from paying any compensation.

Schteve's presumably not admitting anything, and threatening to sue for unfair dismissal.

Where Sam Rush stands is anyones guess after he sat longside Schteve whilst the latter joked about newcastle's interest at the Q&A.

What a mess. 

Obviously i'm speculating. But i'm not hysterical. 

​You loved McClaren not that long ago. A few weeks later and a few journalists spouting rubbish and you suddenly demand he's gone? Make your mind up

22c1066e81810b92b0adb94af2666311.png

​Thanks for this, I was looking around for evidence of this hypocrisy earlier but couldn't find it. I knew his tune had changed suddenly...

Archived