Is it time for Warnock?

Gritstone Ram

Despite his mistake last night, I thought Forsyth played quite well. Like people have said he is one of the best defensive full backs in the league, but also offers us an attacking threat in the final third too. He put in some great balls from the left last night and was unlucky not to get an assist for at least one of them! Yes he can be a donkey at times but all of our defenders have looked like donkeys at times this season, but thats mainly down to the style of football we play. We will make mistakes every now and then from passing it out from the back.

Whilst Warnock could be just as good defensively (if not better) than Fozzy, I feel we would lose a good attacking threat down the left. Also with Christie not offering much down the right recently we need that threat down the left! 

Can you really see Warnock overlapping Lingard and whipping in a killer cross or pass? I can’t. Forsyth for me.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forsyth, who can be incredibly lazy in possession is a beast of a defender. 

Have you seen how hard he is to beat? He's very very fast, incredibly strong and better than most in the air. 

His distribution  drives me crazy at times. He creates work for himself sometimes. But I know that nobody ever has his pants down. 

Despite his mistake last night, I thought Forsyth played quite well. Like people have said he is one of the best defensive full backs in the league, but also offers us an attacking threat in the final third too. He put in some great balls from the left last night and was unlucky not to get an assist for at least one of them! Yes he can be a donkey at times but all of our defenders have looked like donkeys at times this season, but thats mainly down to the style of football we play. We will make mistakes every now and then from passing it out from the back.

Whilst Warnock could be just as good defensively (if not better) than Fozzy, I feel we would lose a good attacking threat down the left. Also with Christie not offering much down the right recently we need that threat down the left! 

Can you really see Warnock overlapping Lingard and whipping in a killer cross or pass? I can’t. Forsyth for me.

​It was Bizarre, it's like he malfunctioned. There was no pressure on him all he had to do was pluck it from the sky but he did some weird, double fisted punch grab thingy and ended up basically punching the ball over his head into his own net, he wont forget that one in a hurry! i bet Roos was sat there thinking . . . seriously . . . 

We need Fozzy to be at his best like last year. But for that to happen the team needs balance. With christie being a similar type of player it doesn't really work. I would play Shotton rb and let our attacking come down the left like last season. His form will come back

​This is my first post on this message board.

I was a member of another derby forum but can't remember which one!

I live in the east mids but support leeds as mums side of my family is from there.

Warnock was our best player before leaving. He is strong & fast & makes few mistakes.

I would think your defence would benefit from having him in the team if he could play like he was doing.

Edit to say you can call me the damned woody :)

Fozzy crossed one in the first half that hit the first defender, next one went way over the bar... 2 massive mistakes 2nd half so yes Warnock has to come in. As does Roos - Grants errors just in the last 2 games, didn't;t need to rush out to Bamford, missed Wolves first goal straight through his legs and why oh why did he not just catch the ball before he punched into his own net..!!

we can beat all the remaining teams, we pulled Wolves apart, and even the Boro match how did Ward not score when it sliced off his foot from Christie's cross..

Defensively, Forsyth is generally superb. In possession, he's frustratingly lazy. He doesn't look where he's passing, just wants to get rid. That definitely needs improving but he's earned the time to do that. Good player.

If you're looking for a scapegoat, you haven't found him.

Archived