Ra

Duracell

Not really sure how you can deduce that from 45 minutes.

He only really did one good thing but also one bad thing.

Looked steady and his passing looked neat.

I certainly don't see him being anything like Stimac. Think he will be more of a brute in defence that the sort of playing bringing the ball out from the back and starting moves.

Disagree ... He will be a lethal threat on our corners he will carry the ball out and he will lead. Igor 2

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, that simple ball to Christie which he put into row C was Stimac-esque. ;)

He wasnt great but he wasnt bad but he was more comfortable than the other two.

I noticed he keeps his eye on the defender instead of the ball a lot. There was one attack down the right where he was so fixated with their man in the middle, by the time he looked up to see where the ball was it had gone past him.

Disagree ... He will be a lethal threat on our corners he will carry the ball out and he will lead. Igor 2

I don't remember Igor being a 'lethal threat on our corners'. The worst part of Igor's game was actually defending.

Not sure why you think he will be the sort of player to carry the ball out, he didn't do that once yesterday.

Having said that, it was the first time I have ever seen him play yesterday so you may have a better idea if you have seen him play before.

I don't remember Igor being a 'lethal threat on our corners'. The worst part of Igor's game was actually defending.

Not sure why you think he will be the sort of player to carry the ball out, he didn't do that once yesterday.

Having said that, it was the first time I have ever seen him play yesterday so you may have a better idea if you have seen him play before.

He sort of did, G Star. Remember the play where he made the great go to ground tackle, dispossessed the player, then danced by the player and strode upfield a bit before laying a nice pass wide. That was a little glimpse but he didn't do any long Keogh runs. In the centre of 3 at the back, I don't think he was asked to make runs. More likely in the 4 at the back scenario. 

I noticed he keeps his eye on the defender instead of the ball a lot. There was one attack down the right where he was so fixated with their man in the middle, by the time he looked up to see where the ball was it had gone past him.

Well at least we might have one defender trying to be aware of what's happening in the box,rather than gawping at the ball all the time.I've lost count of the number of times I've seen 2,and sometimes 3,of our defenders in the box staring at a ball out wide and completely oblivious to the movement going on around them in the box.No wonder there are so many desperate lunging tackles at times.

But early to judge for me, but was impressed by his personal warm up at 245pm. He placed a coach on both touch lines on the half way line and pinged passes to them in turn. Not seen that before. Still managed to blast it over Christie,s head in the game though.

Future captain hopefully.

Three of the best domestic defensive partnerships I've seen in my time were Mac/Toddy, Hansen/Lawrenson and Buchan/Greenhoff.They all had things in common,such as positional sense (which includes being aware of what's going on around them) and the ability to tackle whilst staying on their feet (and I would choose Toddy as the best example).I was a great admirer of Martin Buchan -very difficult to get the better of that guy.

Now the only opportunity I've had of seeing Raul in action was in that video,and I know it's hard to judge on such limited footage,but I have to say I liked what I saw.I know some might point out that the 3 pairings I gave were great defenders.......but then what made them so?

You say it failed but we kept a clean sheet and, other than the first minute chance, restricted them to long range efforts.

I thought Keogh and Buxton did look a little nervy but that was the first time we have tried that formation.

I thought it was going forward where it did not look great.

Had they made better decisions in the final third (which teams at championship level would) They would have easily scored a hat full.

Had they made better decisions in the final third (which teams at championship level would) They would have easily scored a hat full.

What size hat though, a Jewish skullcap is a lot different from AmericanRams 10 gallon stetson, for example?

Three of the best domestic defensive partnerships I've seen in my time were Mac/Toddy, Hansen/Lawrenson and Buchan/Greenhoff.They all had things in common,such as positional sense (which includes being aware of what's going on around them) and the ability to tackle whilst staying on their feet (and I would choose Toddy as the best example).I was a great admirer of Martin Buchan -very difficult to get the better of that guy.

Now the only opportunity I've had of seeing Raul in action was in that video,and I know it's hard to judge on such limited footage,but I have to say I liked what I saw.I know some might point out that the 3 pairings I gave were great defenders.......but then what made them so?

Reminds me of Jim Holton.....

Why do players always have to be compared to someone?

Annoys me

.......oops.

I think that is an important point. 

How is a lad that has never played in England before, never played with any of these players before, more comfortable than 2 lads that have been main stays for upwards of 2 years?

Says a lot about the kid I reckon. 

But early to judge for me, but was impressed by his personal warm up at 245pm. He placed a coach on both touch lines on the half way line and pinged passes to them in turn. Not seen that before. Still managed to blast it over Christie,s head in the game though.

Future captain hopefully.

I saw that too. He was pinging passes out after controlling the ball and he was also heading balls out (to Simmo)

You are starting to sound like Eddie MK2. 

I need somebody to pass my mantle on to - there are times I am so pissed off that it needs more than one whinge

Archived