Johnny Russell

Ramchope

Assumig our front 6 or will be..

Bryson-Hendrick-Hughes

Russell-Sammon-Ward

That as average written all over it.. Bryson is steady, Hendrick is average and way overrated by Curtains and Hughes is still young in that he'll have 1 good game in 4 but his good game will be miles better than any of our other midfielders..

As for the strikers.. I have no idea on Russell but if I judge NC's record with strikers and recent DCFC players that have shone in Scotland than he'll be rubbish.. Sammon is just a laughable excuse for a footballer and Ward goes missing the first time he gets tackled and doesn't win a free kick..

That front 6 will struggle to be a top 10 front 6..

Yet people are wetting themselves thinking we've got Messi, Lewandowski and Ronaldo as a front 3..

You won't be happy unless it's them we're signing, get a grip of yourself man. We're Derby County.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

V pleased with this signing, will be relieved when he's acctually announced though! So far I think v good business, question marks over chris Martin but hopefully he proves us wrong!

Now we need to add defensively and I'd like to see 1 more attacking option

Any suggestions of realistic defensive targets?

Out of interest, do you watch a lot of Scottish football?

I try not to......merely commenting that if we do sign Russell I will not find this signing exciting by any stretch of the imagination...and am quite happy to be proven wrong but cannot see Russell being the catalyst to propel us into a play off position next season

I try not to......merely commenting that if we do sign Russell I will not find this signing exciting by any stretch of the imagination...and am quite happy to be proven wrong but cannot see Russell being the catalyst to propel us into a play off position next season

But how can you make this assumption without having seen him play?

I read bris' post and almost felt sorry for the attention seeking odd ball. He must be so bored

But then i see notts_ram agrees with him so maybe bris was right

Come on u rams. First exciting signing in a while. Things are looming up

Honest question - no hidden agenda, what is it about Russell that excites you? I am totally ambivalent about a Scottish player whom thinks coming to a Championship club is a step up in their career

I was extremely happy with DCFC cerca 2004-05..

Sorry, but dull negative British hoofers don't get the blood racing

if i felt like that , i'd find some other team to follow ..

but then again , i couldn't follow any other team than Derby ..

cos it's in my blood..

Archived