Johnny Russell

Ramchope

Reckon I could nick a goal or two against St Mirren (are they even in the SPL? I refuse to pay acknowledge it as a professional league)

Remember, the very best Celtic players have often been recruited from the Championship.

Forster - Newcastle

Zaluska - Dundee United

Mulgrew - Aberdeen

Izaguirre - Motagua

Rogne - Stabæk

Lustig - Rosenborg

Ambrose - Ashdod

Wanyama - Beerschot AC

Brown - Hibs

Kayal - Maccabi Haifa

Forrest - Youth Team

Samaras - Man City

Stokes - Hibs

Watt - Youth Team

Miku - Getafe

---------------------------

Matthews - Cardiff

Commons - Derby

Hooper - Ssausagehorpe

Wilson - Forest

Ledley - Cardiff

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think their chairmen is playing a crafty one.

Surely Steve Nicholson would know if we've made a bid? He insists we haven't.

So wonder if their chairmen is saying we've rejected this, this and this from Derby just to try and get other clubs interested? 

Well there could be discussions along the lines of "would you accept £600k?" Answer "No"

Thats not making a bid just asking what they would accept.

Basically it looks like horse trading has started.

Forster - NewcastleZaluska - Dundee UnitedMulgrew - AberdeenIzaguirre - MotaguaRogne - StabækLustig - RosenborgAmbrose - AshdodWanyama - Beerschot ACBrown - HibsKayal - Maccabi HaifaForrest - Youth TeamSamaras - Man CityStokes - HibsWatt - Youth TeamMiku - Getafe---------------------------Matthews - CardiffCommons - DerbyHooper - SsausagehorpeWilson - ForestLedley - Cardiff

Thought it was more than that. Is that just the current squad?

Thought it was more than that. Is that just the current squad?

Pretty much all the first team starters yeah, few other players that have made the odd game but no Championship players out of them

Don't talk wet, Dundee United are a good side for that division - it's all relative! 

I don't get the hype, but I haven't seen him play, that often and he has never MASSIVELY stood out, he did score a brace in one game I watched and took his goals well, but he is an in the hole type of striker and the type that could get unstuck against better defenders - I've heard he is very good on Fifa and the skeptical part of me is thinking people are taking that as real life.

Everyone else is getting me excited about this signing, but I hopeful it's based more on fact that fifa.

seems to be that as soon as we are linked with someone, they immediately become a brilliant player. As soon as we sell someone, they become useless in the eyes of lots of DCFC fans.

I am glad we didn't sign Baptiste, he's no better than Jake Buxton in real terms. Maybe a touch faster.

With this kid, I've never seen him play, so I won't big him up, nor write him off, but simply wonder if he was any good, why is he still plying his trade where he is.

seems to be that as soon as we are linked with someone, they immediately become a brilliant player. As soon as we sell someone, they become useless in the eyes of lots of DCFC fans.

I am glad we didn't sign Baptiste, he's no better than Jake Buxton in real terms. Maybe a touch faster.

With this kid, I've never seen him play, so I won't big him up, nor write him off, but simply wonder if he was any good, why is he still plying his trade where he is.

I agree with some bits,

not so much why is he playing where he is, but why isn't he in the first team scotland squad? or at least had a call up? I don't think this will make or break our season, but, on the reviews hope we can nab him! 

I've seen it with many players who did well up there not being able to hack it down here.

Eoin Jess

Stevie Crawford

Anthony Stokes

Kris Boyd

Chris Porter

Conor Sammon

to name a few.. why will Russell be any different?

I've seen it with many players who did well up there not being able to hack it down here.

Eoin Jess

Stevie Crawford

Anthony Stokes

Kris Boyd

Chris Porter

Conor Sammon

to name a few.. why will Russell be any different?

He could also be like players such as:

Shaun Maloney

Gary Caldwell

Steven Naismith

Charlie Adam

Robert Snodgrass

Danny Fox

Chris Burke

James McArthur

David Marshall

How do you know Russell wouldn't be in the same category as one of them? With every player you take a certain degree of risk.

Are we righting players off before they've even signed now?

I know you meant 'writing', but no, I'm not writing anyone off, just saying it's pure folly to get so carried away. It seems very fickle and almost immature to me, like how young girls flit from boyband to boyband.

There's nothing to say Russell will get a game when signed let alone be our goalscoring saviour. I cannot be bothered with another Chris Maguire scenario.

Archived