Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still think we're in the driving seat for this one. Catania don't seem to have renewed their interest whilst Celtic won't bid unless Hooper leaves. The only team that bid for him last time was Norwich (4 bids IIRC), who've signed Van Wolfswinkel. Either way, it's looking increasingly unlikely.

Besides them, I think we can beat out any Championship side. He'll be on low wages as it is so I don't think he'd expect a massive jump up in salary (certainly not to the point where we can't give him what he wants). Plus we have Moor Farm and a few Scottish players, if that counts towards anything :p

Played 32 - Scored 13 - Assists 5. Subbed on twice and off ten times for Dundee United, who finished 8th out of 12 in the Scottish Premier League.

What's so special about this guy? He's not bad looking but if there was a better looking fella knocking about, I'd chat the other guy up first before talking to Russell. Maybe Clough has.

I'm not that bothered by this potential signing, may as well stick with Sammon. 

Obviously, if we do sign him, he's going to show me for a fool.

Played 32 - Scored 13 - Assists 5. Subbed on twice and off ten times for Dundee United, who finished 8th out of 12 in the Scottish Premier League.

What's so special about this guy? He's not bad looking but if there was a better looking fella knocking about, I'd chat the other guy up first before talking to Russell. Maybe Clough has.

I'm not that bothered by this potential signing, may as well stick with Sammon. 

Obviously, if we do sign him, he's going to show me for a fool.

All this while he was in the Cnary Islands? SIGN HIM UP!

Is he going all inclusive or room only?

Maybe bed and breakfast? Half board isn't so popular nowadays.

It's the ice creams that mount up and soft drinks, but maybe he hasn't got kids?

Is he staying with his girlfriend or will he have that uncomfortable situation when you arrive in your room with a mate to find only a double bed?

You've answered you're own question about what's so special.

He scored over a dozen goals, in a piss poor Dundee United side for one.

He got rushed back from a serious injury, so personally feel he will be even better with a good pre season behind him.

Dundee don't create half asmany chances as we do, therefore he'd potentially score more goals here.

Don't talk wet, Dundee United are a good side for that division - it's all relative! 

I don't get the hype, but I haven't seen him play, that often and he has never MASSIVELY stood out, he did score a brace in one game I watched and took his goals well, but he is an in the hole type of striker and the type that could get unstuck against better defenders - I've heard he is very good on Fifa and the skeptical part of me is thinking people are taking that as real life.

Everyone else is getting me excited about this signing, but I hopeful it's based more on fact that fifa.

Reckon I could nick a goal or two against St Mirren (are they even in the SPL? I refuse to pay acknowledge it as a professional league)

Remember, the very best Celtic players have often been recruited from the Championship.

Archived