Derby County v Watford

froggg

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things to note:

Bris has a very good knowledge of international football, particularly Mexico, and that should be listened to.

He has a very downbeat and negative view of anyone who does not attempt to play 'ticca-tacca' football, which doesn't help his cause.

He had no idea of how the Peterborough game had gone, and simply posted saying 'Negative Nigel strikes again' before seeing that we'd actually been caught while attacking and putting on attack minded players. That is not up for debate, we know that now.

He does shift the goalposts when arguing, i'm not entirely sure why.

Lastly, he's actually a nice chap. 80% solid football thinking skewed by the last 20% of formulating his thoughts together at times.

(And as an after-thought, scouting officially for a club doesn't mean all that much, i've been doing such for a year or so and many people on here think i'm an idiot. Perhaps rightly so. Still, all it takes is for one person 'in-the-know' at a club to agree with this idiot for scouting work to begin. It shouldn't be used as an indicator of solid football reasoning, many of the worst signings in football history have been down to scouts remember)

Actually I think he's quite tolerant. He'd prefer we did all play ticca-tacca but he's always said he finds other styles of play interesting.

He even likes Stoke 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Actually I think he's quite tolerant. He'd prefer we did all play ticca-tacca but he's always said he finds other styles of play interesting.

He even likes Stoke 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Total Football all the way for me, the Dutch had it right in the 70's.

It's more the dour rejection of our overall play since Cywka/Bueno and co left that made me say that. Suspect he wishes (quite rightly) that we'd stuck with that system for a little longer and now views our football as poor, but I also enjoy some of the stuff we play now even though it's not flair based.

Though he doesn't see Coutts as creative, so perhaps he doesn't see us creating as much as we actually are. Who knows.

Total Football all the way for me, the Dutch had it right in the 70's.

It's more the dour rejection of our overall play since Cywka/Bueno and co left that made me say that. Suspect he wishes (quite rightly) that we'd stuck with that system for a little longer and now views our football as poor, but I also enjoy some of the stuff we play now even though it's not flair based.

Though he doesn't see Coutts as creative, so perhaps he doesn't see us creating as much as we actually are. Who knows.

I'm sort of 30 years too young for Total Football, but from what I've seen, it produced more exciting football then the dull football Spaniards produce today.

Dennis Bergkamp up front>Cesc Fabregas up front

As a lurker, infrequent poster I feel obliged to share my thoughts that this is all a bit harsh on bris. I disagree with some of his views, particularly around Ben Davies who I thought wasnt 'that' bad comparably to other players, and did provide some differentiating value. On the whole though I agree with Bris that Clough employs negative tactics, for sure in the last third of the game. I appreciate his detailed comments to highlight this.

The team over the last 3-4 years during Cloughs reign has been poor as his

win statistics show. We are entitled to make negative judgements, whether we've seen 100% of the games thus far or not. At times happy Clough clapping seems like a religion where dissenters are roundly condemned.

I'm sure Bris would love a turnaround and for Clough to get it right as would I, but we've got our heads in the sand if we can't see that for the odd purple patch aside, based on the evidence thus far that Clough is out of his depth.

Cynicism of Clough has been well earnt over the last few years. He needs to prove the doubters wrong. A 5-1 game is a good start, but just a start.

I'm sort of 30 years too young for Total Football, but from what I've seen, it produced more exciting football then the dull football Spaniards produce today.

Dennis Bergkamp up front>Cesc Fabregas up front

Before mine too, I just love the style and anyone who tries to implement it in its full glory.

As a lurker, infrequent poster I feel obliged to share my thoughts that this is all a bit harsh on bris. I disagree with some of his views, particularly around Ben Davies who I thought wasnt 'that' bad comparably to other players, and did provide some differentiating value. On the whole though I agree with Bris that Clough employs negative tactics, for sure in the last third of the game. I appreciate his detailed comments to highlight this.

The team over the last 3-4 years during Cloughs reign has been poor as his

win statistics show. We are entitled to make negative judgements, whether we've seen 100% of the games thus far or not. At times happy Clough clapping seems like a religion where dissenters are roundly condemned.

I'm sure Bris would love a turnaround and for Clough to get it right as would I, but we've got our heads in the sand if we can't see that for the odd purple patch aside, based on the evidence thus far that Clough is out of his depth.

Cynicism of Clough has been well earnt over the last few years. He needs to prove the doubters wrong. A 5-1 game is a good start, but just a start.

It isn't about whether we are negative in the last 15 years. It's about telling fibs.

This isn't about your personal life. You made critical comments about the a game, which I suspect you hadn't even seen at the time. This suggests a lack of integrity in your posting. It s difficult to debate tactics with you in this instance, when there is such a clear case of lack of integrity involved.

Now it is clear that you are straining with every sinew for me to say 'i will answer your question if you answer mine' as it will allow you get off the hook, by starting a tit for tat argument.

I am going to raise the stakes a little, by accusing you of being a liar. We both know you bullsh1tted when you made those comments, so I'm calling you out for it. Of course you can prove me wrong, by explaining how you had watched the game, one hour after it had finished and if you do so, I will gladly apologise.

Sage, I've told you before.. I don't do judgements on one game. My comments and facts were of a one and a half year period (or more?) of final 15 minutes of games in which NC is the manager which has resulted in negative points tallies over the season..

Barcelona are a good footballing team, they play football along the deck and Messi, Pedro and Iniesta use short spaces to their advantage, pulling the opposition all over the place and they get in behind the opposition defence at will..

But my comments aren't valid because I wasn't at The Nou Camp to watch their 5-1 thrashing of Real Sociedad..

Also what did I bullsh*t? So you are saying my facts are wrong and you believe NC has a positive mentality late on.. OK finally we're getting somewhere.. I say you're wrong, want to discuss further?

Sage, I've told you before.. I don't do judgements on one game. My comments and facts were of a one and a half year period (or more?) of final 15 minutes of games in which NC is the manager which has resulted in negative points tallies over the season..

Barcelona are a good footballing team, they play football along the deck and Messi, Pedro and Iniesta use short spaces to their advantage, pulling the opposition all over the place and they get in behind the opposition defence at will..

But my comments aren't valid because I wasn't at The Nou Camp to watch their 5-1 thrashing of Real Sociedad..

Also what did I bullsh*t? So you are saying my facts are wrong and you believe NC has a positive mentality late on.. OK finally we're getting somewhere.. I say you're wrong, want to discuss further?

You know what you did. Most posters on here know what you did. You lied. You made comments about a match that you hadn't seen at the time. Just admit what you did and we can all move on.

Archived