Summer Activity

Joel

Considering we've spent in the region £3million this summer, is it safe to conclude that Shackell went for considerably more than the £1.1million that was mooted at the time and it was infact closer to £2million? Clough said at the start of the summer that he had a neutral budget.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much did we get for the Ball loan? If anything?

Did we get ANY money for Addison?

Was the Varney fee taken into account when we sold him or this summer?

How much did we sell S.Davies and Shackell for?

How much did we pay for Sammon and Keogh?

We can discuss these questions all day, but we don't know the facts. So no, not conclude. But it could be guessed. We basically don't what was paid for anybody, so £3m would also be a guess.

I imagine the board wouldn't mind spending extra if we're saving on wages.. From all the ins and outs there could be an overall difference of $10k a week.. That's an extra $500k or so saved over a season that could be put towards tansfer fees

Surely thats quite a long term view taken on by the club though?

The better question is would you swap everyone thats come in for everyone thats gone, no player vs player, I mean as a group.

Dont think there would be anybody that would say they would keep the originals so surely a positive

What we know:

IN:

Sammon, Coutts, Keogh, O'Connor, Gjokaj, Hoganson, Jacobs, Freeman (all undisclosed)

OUT :

Addison (undisc.), Shackell (undisc.), Ball (loan), Green (free), Atkins (Loan), Maguire (undisc.), Croft (Loan), Savies (undisc.)

What we think:

IN:

Sammon - region of £1.2m

Keogh - region of £1.1m + Ball.

Coutts - betwixt 150k - 250k

Jacobs - region of 500k

O' Connor - region of 250k

Gjokaj - region of 150k

Hoganson - region of 200k

Freeman - region of 200k.

so as a rough estimate probably TOTAL SPEND £3.5m

OUT:

Addison - region of 200k

Shackell - early reports of the £1.1m mark.

Maguire - region of 2-300k.

Savies - 500k+

TOTAL OUT: £2 - 2.5m

BALANCE: about £1m in the red.

It was said by Clough early on in close season that we wouldn't have to sell to buy. But he would probably have been looking at reducing the wage bill further than last season. Green going to Leeds will have helped with that - would have easily been our top earner.

I would imagine, having studied a little in business, that the £300k missing from Portsmouth over Varney would not have been included on this seasons balance.

This is a load of guesswork (may be called bull on this..) but you get the gist. Unless Shacks really did go for more than the £1.1m being quoted in the media, then we can't complain about them being penny pinchers - they actually have spent more than what came in!

What we know:

IN:

Sammon, Coutts, Keogh, O'Connor, Gjokaj, Hoganson, Jacobs, Freeman (all undisclosed)

OUT :

Addison (undisc.), Shackell (undisc.), Ball (loan), Green (free), Atkins (Loan), Maguire (undisc.), Croft (Loan), Savies (undisc.)

What we think:

IN:

Sammon - region of £1.2m

Keogh - region of £1.1m + Ball.

Coutts - betwixt 150k - 250k

Jacobs - region of 500k

O' Connor - region of 250k

Gjokaj - region of 150k

Hoganson - region of 200k

Freeman - region of 200k.

so as a rough estimate probably TOTAL SPEND £3.5m

OUT:

Addison - region of 200k

Shackell - early reports of the £1.1m mark.

Maguire - region of 2-300k.

Savies - 500k+

TOTAL OUT: £2 - 2.5m

BALANCE: about £1m in the red.

It was said by Clough early on in close season that we wouldn't have to sell to buy. But he would probably have been looking at reducing the wage bill further than last season. Green going to Leeds will have helped with that - would have easily been our top earner.

I would imagine, having studied a little in business, that the £300k missing from Portsmouth over Varney would not have been included on this seasons balance.

This is a load of guesswork (may be called bull on this..) but you get the gist. Unless Shacks really did go for more than the £1.1m being quoted in the media, then we can't complain about them being penny pinchers - they actually have spent more than what came in!

I'm certain Hoganson was a free agent and there's no way Freeman and Gjokaj were that high. Most of that is a best a wild guess, either by us, or the media. We have no idea what the actual values are and to play armchair accountancy like this is ridiculous.

I'm certain Hoganson was a free agent and there's no way Freeman and Gjokaj were that high. Most of that is a best a wild guess, either by us, or the media. We have no idea what the actual values are and to play armchair accountancy like this is ridiculous.

Ridiculous, but fun. And I never said it was anything but mere speculation, just take it as it is, my opinion and best guess as a fan, nothing more.

Hoganson wasn't a free, he was still a Newcastle youngster when we signed him.

Ridiculous, but fun. And I never said it was anything but mere speculation, just take it as it is, my opinion and best guess as a fan, nothing more.

He was free, he was released by Newcastle this summer

No, he was released by Newcastle. There was [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19164809]no fee.

Taking guesses on guesses is completely pointless. What on Earth are you trying to show, or demonstrate...

No, he was released by Newcastle. There was [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19164809]no fee.

Taking guesses on guesses is completely pointless. What on Earth are you trying to show, or demonstrate...

Derby County have signed former Newcastle United left-back Michael Hoganson on a one-year deal.

The 18-year-old, who can also play as a wide midfielder, was released by the Magpies at the end of last season and joined the Rams on trial last month

Archived