This is not the time to knock Clough

Curtains

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who thinks clough should be sacked

Idiots? I can understand the thought: "Maybe he's not good enough, and when his contract runs out we should get someone else", but honestly... sacking him? What has he done wrong, what is there to justify the cost of doing that?

why dont we just attack non stop for the whole games and make like for like subs

Your idea of tactics is like for like subs and nonstop attack? How much Football Manager do you play?

Your idea of tactics is like for like subs and nonstop attack? How much Football Manager do you play?

yeah but if you defend for most of the game and use negative subs and play people out of position etc and end up losing you gonna get the kind of reaction clough is getting now but my view is if we attacked play with pride for the whole game and lose well then its not like we sat back and didnt bother and played for the point is that well explained.

and not as much FM as i used to 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

yeah but if you defend for most of the game and use negative subs and play people out of position etc and end up losing you gonna get the kind of reaction clough is getting now but my view is if we attacked play with pride for the whole game and lose well then its not like we sat back and didnt bother and played for the point is that well explained.

and not as much FM as i used to 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

...ahh football manager.

The thing is that we didn't play badly, yet we've already seen this ridiculous reaction from people on here. Honestly, we could be playing Barcelona-esk football, but if we're not winning people will whinge anyhow.

As for playing people out of position, who has Clough been playing out of position?

Ive always said I dont like Clough as I think the football we have played during his time as manager has been pretty boring and long ball. We have played good stuff at times but so have teams under Big Sam, its all about percetages and safety first. At the end of the day though I either want to enjoy us winning, (even if its dreadfull) or playing stuff thats good to watch that I enjoy. It wont stop me going or supporting them but it would be nice to have one or the other (or both in a dream world). Im just fed up with us on sat just booting it anywhere as we were under pressure 3 1/2 yearts into his managment.

How many managers get out of this division without significant backing? Think about that, then add in, how many managers get out of this division whilst bringing down the wage bill at a fairly decent rate.

Off the top of my head, reading, stoke, blackpool, hull and Norwich spring to mind, don't think any had a big budget.

If we tried to hold on to a lead by attacking and keeping the ball, and it backfired, he'd still get slated. He can't really win.

We lost the goal on Saturday by trying to keep the ball - Hendrick lost it.

All well and good saying we were negative on Saturday, we were pinned in by a team that were fitter than us, and could smell blood after getting a goal back. It happens in football, you can't always do exactly what you want to win a match. They were better than us in the second half, and stopped us pushing forward.

For all the negativity people talk about, what about season - Leeds (home and away), West Ham (home), forest (home and away), Barnsley (home - admittedly didn't win), Doncaster (home), Portsmouth (home), Millwall (home) - we were attacking and played great football in all of those games. If people really think we've been exclusively negative since Clough took over, I'm not sure they've seen many games.

How many managers get out of this division without significant backing? Think about that, then add in, how many managers get out of this division whilst bringing down the wage bill at a fairly decent rate.

You asked a question to which I answered?

If you have 5 apples and add 1 in, do you take the 5 out?

Archived