This is not the time to knock Clough

Curtains

If we tried to hold on to a lead by attacking and keeping the ball, and it backfired, he'd still get slated. He can't really win.

We lost the goal on Saturday by trying to keep the ball - Hendrick lost it.

All well and good saying we were negative on Saturday, we were pinned in by a team that were fitter than us, and could smell blood after getting a goal back. It happens in football, you can't always do exactly what you want to win a match. They were better than us in the second half, and stopped us pushing forward.

For all the negativity people talk about, what about season - Leeds (home and away), West Ham (home), forest (home and away), Barnsley (home - admittedly didn't win), Doncaster (home), Portsmouth (home), Millwall (home) - we were attacking and played great football in all of those games. If people really think we've been exclusively negative since Clough took over, I'm not sure they've seen many games.

We haven't won in 3 games, people are going to complain... that's just how we work. Whether the complaints are valid is another question all together. We've got another hard away trip coming up, and if we lose that too, I'm sure we'll get to a nice high level of "CLOUGH OUT". Sadly people have short memories and most don't think past "SACK HIM!". Chopping and changing the manager isn't by default a good thing. Leicester managed to chop and change their way to League One not too long ago and Forest were looking like doing the same last year. After all this time putting the squad together and a summer of good work in the transfer market, why on Earth would anyone seriously want to just burn it all down and start again?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way Bris - I'm sure you know that Dave Jones still hasn't lost a game at Sheff Wed since he took over? Not the roll them over opponents many are portraying them as.

Dave Jones has installed a winning mentality to Sheff Wed, not an avoiding defeat mentality.. The two are worlds apart.. Were Sheffield Wednesday hoofing the ball into the corners when they pullled it back to 2-2 at PP? You do realise that Sheff Wed at 2-3 vs Oldham with 10 minutes to go maintained an attacking threat and scored again to win 2-4.. Were they hoofing it in the corners then? Also, at 2-1 at home to Brum with 10 minutes to go they scored a 3rd in the 89th minute..

Teams will just keep coming and coming when you gift the ball back to them.. I read a Boltons fans response to the game and he couldn't believe the amount of times that we happily just gifted possession back to them in the second half..

I think that QPR incident at home when James Bailey missed a great opportunity for 3-1 and we ended up losing completely rocked NCs boat and ever since then it's been a case of a defensive mentality.. When was the last time with 20 minutes remaining and winning by one goal have we actually looked like scoring again?

The big issue that people have and that I completely agree with is the negative mentality towards the latter stages of the game.. For 60 minutes we can be good, for the final 30 minutes can ruin everything.

You asked a question to which I answered?

If you have 5 apples and add 1 in, do you take the 5 out?

Sorry, I worded that very poorly. It was meant to be, "How many managers got out of this division without significant backing, then think about how many of those did so whilst also having to hack and slash the wage bill." You're right though, it didn't read like that. What do you have to say to the amended question?

Sorry, I worded that very poorly. It was meant to be, "How many managers got out of this division without significant backing, then think about how many of those did so whilst also having to hack and slash the wage bill." You're right though, it didn't read like that. What do you have to say to the amended question?

looks like your original post didnt have enough syntax 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Whats all this "A summer of good work in the transfer market" crap.

Sell our best defender, and are leaking goals left right and center, yep good work .

We're also scoring them left, right and centre by that definition.

Here's a hypothetical for you. There's a team who have played 6 games, won 1, drawn 1, lost 4. They have scored 5, conceded 8 and lost the last 4 in a row. What is the best place you can imagine them finishing from here?

looks like your original post didnt have enough syntax 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

[url=http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/syntax?q=Syntax]Here, have a read.

he brought in lower league kids look at what cardiff are going for clough if you want to bring in lower league kids go dow to the division that you are use to

What do you want him do? I know, let's go sign some proven quality players for this level, like Claude Davis, Robert Earnshaw, Kenny Miller, Eddie Lewis, Andy Todd, Stephen Pearson, Jay McEveley... they'll cost a few coin, but they're of proven quality!

We're also scoring them left, right and centre by that definition.

Here's a hypothetical for you. There's a team who have played 6 games, won 1, drawn 1, lost 4. They have scored 5, conceded 8 and lost the last 4 in a row. What is the best place you can imagine them finishing from here?

[url=http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/syntax?q=Syntax]

With Clough jnr relegation .

Now if you quote some team having won the league, it will not be hypothetical

What do you want him do? I know, let's go sign some proven quality players for this level, like Claude Davis, Robert Earnshaw, Kenny Miller, Eddie Lewis, Andy Todd, Stephen Pearson, Jay McEveley... they'll cost a few coin, but they're of proven quality!

so you recon that clough would buy them if he did he would be more of a crap manager than he is, there are better players out there than these kids he has bought in im sure, cardiff has got two from qpr why didnt clough go for these type of players,

With Clough jnr relegation .

Now if you quote some team having won the league, it will not be hypothetical

Who said anything about anyone winning the League?

so you recon that clough would buy them if he did he would be more of a crap manager than he is, there are better players out there than these kids he has bought in im sure, cardiff has got two from qpr why didnt clough go for these type of players,

So you're saying that Nigel is at the very least, better than Billy in the transfer market? Of course, its also better than Jewell, but that doesn't really need to be mentioned (*cough* Dickinson *cough*).

Who would you have brought in for the same price and wages that we've spent?

Who said anything about anyone winning the League?

So you're saying that Nigel is at the very least, better than Billy in the transfer market? Of course, its also better than Jewell, but that doesn't really need to be mentioned (*cough* Dickinson *cough*).

Who would you have brought in for the same price and wages that we've spent?

a manager that has some pulling power to bring in better players than kids if he want kids he should step down and manage the under 21 this is the only age he likes by the look of it

a manager that has some pulling power to bring in better players than kids if he want kids he should step down and manage the under 21 this is the only age he likes by the look of it

That's not answering my question. Who would you have signed for the same price and wages?

Archived