Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

froggg

I've never been a massive fan of Wardy (except for that goal of course). He's not a natural goalscorer and I reckon Jacobs is a better provider. So I'd start Jacobs with Ward on the bench against Watford. Theo or Tyso alongside the fish up top.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough's subs lost us 3 points against Wednesday.

Our subs were crap today because if they had started, we would have won.

Well, what do you know, someone should really put an anti-Clough fan as manager, if they were in charge, we'd have 6 points on board at least.

Happy with that point - clearly the better side all game which is the best bit of all today. Got 2/3rds of the ex-Prem clubs out of the way, now time to kick on and start racking up some wins.

Don't know what happened there i pressed "quote" and it posted itself.Anyway my point was that

as we play each team twice isn't it 1/3 over?And what is the significance anyway.

Well I'm very happy.

Happy with the performance

Happy with the proper footballing midfield displays

Happy with the intent

Happy with that rare gift of a good LB

Happy with being better than Wolves away from home.

Sounds to me that Sammon led the line well today, and it's good to see theo get back on the score sheet!

Sammon needs to start and theo should go next to him for the next game... Ward wide left is where he is best. I am happy that 4 games in we have seen 4 good performances but I am not terribly happy with the results but as long as we stay in this kind of form and vain the results will come.

We need to put pressure on ourselves for next saturday though, it's important we get a win!

Clough's subs lost us 3 points against Wednesday.

Our subs were crap today because if they had started, we would have won.

Well, what do you know, someone should really put an anti-Clough fan as manager, if they were in charge, we'd have 6 points on board at least.

Basic rule in football.. Always play your best team.. We didn't do that again, hence why people are abit miffed.. By in large it was a good performance, but you can't expect to be knocking goals in for fun when you don't start your best strikers..

Theo is our best striker (he's hardly a world beater so it goes to show we're pretty toothless uptop) but he's started the past 2 games on the bench and during that time we've failed to score and we're losing both games..

People are happy with the perfomance, but it's not wrong to point out that Theo should be starting.. I'd start Jacobs aswell, as Ward has been pretty average for a longtime now though perhaps he's in for his defensive work..

I just don't get the master substitutions talk.. It would be same if Newcastle were losing 1-0 away from home and bringing on Cisse and he bags an equaliser.. 'What a great sub they say'... Not really, it was blindingly obvious, a team needs a goal so they bring on their best striker and top goalscorer and he scores.. Well fancy that..

Basic rule in football.. Always play your best team.. We didn't do that again, hence why people are abit miffed.. By in large it was a good performance, but you can't expect to be knocking goals in for fun when you don't start your best strikers..

Theo is our best striker (he's hardly a world beater so it goes to show we're pretty toothless uptop) but he's started the past 2 games on the bench and during that time we've failed to score and we're losing both games..

People are happy with the perfomance, but it's not wrong to point out that Theo should be starting.. I'd start Jacobs aswell, as Ward has been pretty average for a longtime now though perhaps he's in for his defensive work..

I just don't get the master substitutions talk.. It would be same if Newcastle were losing 1-0 away from home and bringing on Cisse and he bags an equaliser.. 'What a great sub they say'... Not really, it was blindingly obvious, a team needs a goal so they bring on their best striker and top goalscorer and he scores.. Well fancy that..

Never said they were master substitutions, as far as I'm concerned, we took some nackered players off and brought on fresh legs to keep us going.

Basic rule of football is always score more than the opposition, and thereafter, everything is just opinions.

We could have played Theo and won against Bolton, but if we start to let standards slip, where does that leave us in one, two, three months time? This team is nothing without hard work and it's a marathon, not a sprint. Taking a player out for one game to prove a point is fine if it helps us in the long run.

Quite whether Theo is our best striker, is also up for discussion. Sammon is supposed to be better and Tyson has looked better (and had scored twice as many) and you could even play Hughes behind the striker and play Ward or Jacobs out left. And arguably have better teams. For the record, I think I prefer Theo starting. But it's not a fundamental point.

I don't really know, I don't really know anything in fact. I can offer my opinion but I am a casual fan and understand that if I were in charge, we wouldn't be doing any better.

We can all add our opinions, positive or negative, but I feel people forget that.

Why isn't each and every Derby fan pleased we played very well and deserved to win? Why do some have to find something to moan about? To be constantly critical usually has it's roots in a persons delusions of grandeur. In other words thinking too much of themselves.

Some of you seriously sound like you think you know better than our manager. Get real you know nowt nor do I. The management team have been in professional football all their working lives.

Have an opinion by all means but to take yourselves so seriously is just............. well........laughable.

Up the rams and well done Cloughy and the management team.

Why isn't each and every Derby fan pleased we played very well and deserved to win? Why do some have to find something to moan about? To be constantly critical usually has it's roots in a persons delusions of grandeur. In other words thinking too much of themselves.

Some of you seriously sound like you think you know better than our manager. Get real you know nowt nor do I. The management team have been in professional football all their working lives.

Have an opinion by all means but to take yourselves so seriously is just............. well........laughable.

Up the rams and well done Cloughy and the management team.

Totally agree Scarlet! Just got in from one of the best overall away performances I've seen in a long time. One bit of poor defending, a good quality goalkeeping display and one or two mishit finishes stood between us and a comprehensive win.

The encouraging thing is the quality of the football. Good passing and movement, and good togetherness shown.

So well done Nigel and the lads, I, for one, was thoroughly entertained by today's excellent performance!

Archived