Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

froggg

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what is the significence of playing relegated teams?

They represent all that many on here seem to want Derby to aspire to. Namely having a huge budget to supposedly ensure a quality squad. From your logic however it seems they haven't got a quality squad otherwise why should we be expected to mop the floor with them just because of two layers out?

When all is said and done you are just being (as you yourself said) your usual pessimistic self .................Are you not?

How strange three of you having such short memories.Lets see now when we got relegated

we were such a threat weren't we.We finished 18th aand were lucky to stay up.Clubs were

rubbing their hands when they saw who was next up.So whats the difference?

yes but that squad was utter ***** compared to the wolves squad

How strange three of you having such short memories.Lets see now when we got relegated

we were such a threat weren't we.We finished 18th aand were lucky to stay up.Clubs were

rubbing their hands when they saw who was next up.So whats the difference?

We were relegated with 11 points and couldnt win a raffle. The confidence within the enitre club was shot to pieces.

We signed players who weren't good enough for the premier league AND who felt they didn't want to work to get back in it.

As for the relegated teasm. They were all fairly competitive and hadn't been getting their arses spanked week in week out.

Can't compare us to Wolves in the PL. Not our most recent visit.

They and Bolton established themselves in the PL. Yes as strugglers but that's a lot more than we managed.

They both have spent multiple transfer windows as established Premiership teams giving them the power to buy at the very least top Championship talent.

We however had 1 summer to convince players to come. We were then in a position in January to just recruit players looking for a big pay cheque and a shop window.

They've come down with struggling PL players. We came down with our mercenaries. We didn't even struggle. We were a Championship side from the day we played WBA to our 1st game back here under Jewell.

I'm just happy that the team showed us, themselves and the manager what possession and attacking intent can do for a good defensive performance. I already had the opinion we have good ball players. I'm just glad whenever they play with arrogance and hunger, whenever they play off the leash and express themselves that we just might keep doing it.

If I didn't have that hope I couldn't support Derby. But we all need to have some optimism or we'd be shopping with the missus on Saturdays.

Alpha Sigma some fair points that deserve a better answer than i can give right now

for personal health reasons.I promise if you don't mind to get back to you tomorrow.

By the way your last sentence,really,come on over 45 years i've never gone shopping with

the mrs.on a sat.Left BBG at HT to go to the pub depressed oh yes.

Alpha Sigma some fair points that deserve a better answer than i can give right now

for personal health reasons.I promise if you don't mind to get back to you tomorrow.

By the way your last sentence,really,come on over 45 years i've never gone shopping with

the mrs.on a sat.Left BBG at HT to go to the pub depressed oh yes.

Ha! I'm sure we've all given up on Derby and quit football a few times..... for a few hours!

I've been shopping on a Saturday before when we were away. It was my stand. Ended up thinking what I might be missing all afternoon. First thing I did when we got in was check the score. We'd lost. Still never been shopping since! There are more painful experiences than Derby bloody County losing. Try shopping. It renews your faith in The Rams!!

Archived