Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

froggg

To me we played well because of how we set up. Starting Theo would have been a mistake, he was poor bar the obvious great last min equaliser. Sammon did ok, should have done better with a few chances and had a tough day winning long balls with Johnson and co. taller. The said, some of the build upplayespecially in the first halt was good.

Few more games and we'll start to see the best of Sammon, he's not quite on the same wavelength as some of our players as a few 1-2's and dummies didn't quite work out. That said, he's not even been here a week.

I don't think we'd of controlled the tempo and dictate the play as much as we did if Theo would have started instead of Sammon.

We played some great football, had a hat full of chances that we should have done better with and looked solid at the back bar one or 2 instances. Delighted with the point overall but we really should have won that game.

Not to worry though, if we play like that we'll do well this year.

Roll on Watford. You Rams!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as commenting on the match goes, I didn't see it so I can't say owt really.

I was going to go for a draw in my prediction though but I went for a Wolves win. I'm glad I was wrong - well played team, by what others have put and Dav's just got back and said this is the best he's seen Derby play away for a long time (apart from at the sh8tty ground last year, so well done team on getting a draw.

Forest and Derby game is the feature games on the football league show

Oh good, that means we'll get more than the normal 5 seconds!

Having read the above comments it was interesting that the wolves fan who came on radio derby after the game was clearly of the view that jamie ward was our best player...... Just saying

That sentiment is echoed in some of their forum comments as well (I've posted some of them in our Forest thread).

After Bolton the Sceptics were rightly criticised by the happy clappers for being a bit

hasty in their pessimism.Today we get an injury time equaliser against a weakened Wolves

team that only won 7 games last season and the happy clappers are doing the very thing

that they were getting their hair off for earlier this week.Its a funny old world.

After Bolton the Sceptics were rightly criticised by the happy clappers for being a bit

hasty in their pessimism.Today we get an injury time equaliser against a weakened Wolves

team that only won 7 games last season and the happy clappers are doing the very thing

that they were getting their hair off for earlier this week.Its a funny old world.

Apart from those who were at the game saw the performance for what it was - 90minutes of play like we saw in the first half at Wednesday and the glimpses in the Bolton game.

The optimism is based on the increase in performance levels over the three games, not just today.

Sorry was that a reply to my post,you obviously never read it or you've got me

confused with some body else.If you don't get the point try to STFT.

We should take one game at a time for a couple of months and then sit back and take

a look.

Should that be STFU?

I got your point - dint call the pessimists after one game and then be all happy after one game.

I merely made the point that the happiness is due to improvement over the games to date. If improvement is evident then why ignore it and look at each game individually. If there was a downward trend in performances, or we had been horrendous in all three then I would be feeling pessimistic

No you don't get my point its not about pessimism i am a born pessimist.You need to be more

objective 3 games in this league means nothing.Plus the fact you have to factor in the

opposition.Wolves were at their weakest today because they are rebuilding and have just

received about 40m.Spent wisely they should do well but that is for the future,we ought to

have pissed them.

Wolves at their weakest and we should have pissed them. They lost 2 players out of their squad, they may be be rebuilding but even at their weakest they'll be a strong team in this division. We bossed the game and outplayed them.

We played exceptionally well and have improved over three league games against 2 relegated teams and a promoted team.

In that context I am happy to say I am optimistic. I know three games is not a lot in this league but it's still reason to be optimistic.

Archived