Is Mr Nigel Clough tactically good enough at this level and should he go?

Davey B

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok fair enough i see what your saying, you know cos you went to the game i respect that, and i hope your right i want them to be a good pairing! but you can say "if" and "wouldnt of happened if" about conceding any goal on the planet.

The point I was making was Keogh, Buxton, Brayford and Roberts all looked very solid through-out the game, sounds bizarre as we conceded 5 goals but that's how I know who went to the game and who didn't - people are just reacting to the score and making a judgement when as someone else has already said, it wasn't the case.

Nothing against you, and I don't claim to be a very good fan... Im just trying to stop people from making judgement who wasn't there and didn't see what actually was a good defensive display until we disrupted it by subs, an incredible midfield performance, one of the best I have ever seen and a lot of effort put in upfront!

Clough out? Go back to the Florist boards, we're Derby County fans over here.

This is a decent Derby side. Keogh is better than Shackell. Jacobs is class, through and through. Tyson will have an awesome season, and in a few years Bennett and Hughes will play for England.

The Rams are going up.

I might be an optimist, but being a football fan, that's kind of the point.

Clough in, COYR!

Clough out? Go back to the Florist boards, we're Derby County fans over here.

This is a decent Derby side. Keogh is better than Shackell. Jacobs is class, through and through. Tyson will have an awesome season, and in a few years Bennett and Hughes will play for England.

The Rams are going up.

I might be an optimist, but being a football fan, that's kind of the point.

Clough in, COYR!

Not at Derby it isnt mate. Optimism has never been our strong point in my lifetime. They wre moaning a groaning even when Cloughies dad was winning us the league championship!!

Derby fans may moan, but they are also the most patient. What Blackburn fans did last season wasn't right, but it puts things in perspective. I have been supporting Derby since 1965, but gave my season ticket up last year because of our shocking lack of ambition, Clough's refusal to challenge the board and the poor team tactics and selection. I still go and have been to some of the away pre-season games and will probably go this year, but thing's aren't right. Shakell was our best player last year and we've sold him to a smaller club! Rant over, but I really hope Clough changes his approach or we change the manager.

Derby fans may moan, but they are also the most patient. What Blackburn fans did last season wasn't right, but it puts things in perspective. I have been supporting Derby since 1965, but gave my season ticket up last year because of our shocking lack of ambition, Clough's refusal to challenge the board and the poor team tactics and selection. I still go and have been to some of the away pre-season games and will probably go this year, but thing's aren't right. Shakell was our best player last year and we've sold him to a smaller club! Rant over, but I really hope Clough changes his approach or we change the manager.

Shackell was never our best player. He was a solid centrehalf, and most likely better than who will play this year, but I'd still rate Barker, Brayford, Fielding and Bryson at the very least higher than him. In terms of player that I'd like to keep hold, if he were still here I'd rate him behind FIelding, Brayford, Barker, Bryson, Hendrick, Ward, Hughes, Davies (who is sadly leaving) at the very least. He was a good player and I'd rather keep him, but I think the player of the year vote put it best, if it were not for the fact that he's been sold, we'd never call him our best player, nor our most valuable.

keogh and buxton do look pretty solid tbf (went to the game) 1st goal was coutts giving the ball away and some good skill 2nd most teams would struggle to keep out 3rd wouldnt of happened if theo scored his pen 4th was an unlucky rebound and the 5th was a pen given away by jacobs so even though it sounds bad bucko and keogh look like a good pairing.

I think the 4th was down to Frankie. He did well to judge the flight of the shot but in getting to it so well it should've been plamed over the bar but in not wanting to conceed a corner he tried to push it out towards the East stand and made a hash of it. Agree with the rest of them though. A couple of them were quality strikes...

Archived