Is Mr Nigel Clough tactically good enough at this level and should he go?

Davey B

I cannot see how Clough can continue. He is 3 years into a 5 year plan and all we have seen is good players leave the club, and the majority of replacements are nowhere near as good. Tonight showed that Nigel isn't up to the job.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god, we draw a game 5-5 after blowing a 3 goal lead and you're saying he should leave?? Get a grip man. If Theo scored his peno then this would not be happening. It's a freak result, we're all gutted, but the league is the most important thing, move on.

Can we name this thread the "overreaction thread" and pin it up for the season please?

My turn.

Tonight showed we're going down. I wasn't at the game but from the scoreline of this one highly important game I can tell it's league one for us.

I thought we signed enough defenders and needed a striker but I now think we should buy a totally new defence.

I cannot see how Clough can continue. He is 3 years into a 5 year plan and all we have seen is good players leave the club, and the majority of replacements are nowhere near as good.

And while we're on it, please tell me these good players who have left. I must have sneezed!

I cannot see how Clough can continue. He is 3 years into a 5 year plan and all we have seen is good players leave the club, and the majority of replacements are nowhere near as good. Tonight showed that Nigel isn't up to the job.

i think you should throw away the pants you've just soiled and perhaps calm down

Can we name this thread the "overreaction thread" and pin it up for the season please?

My turn.

Tonight showed we're going down. I wasn't at the game but from the scoreline of this one highly important game I can tell it's league one for us.

I thought we signed enough defenders and needed a striker but I now think we should buy a totally new defence.

Although I do appreciate your point. How many 'overreactions' are we going to suffer yet again this season?

Yes it is the first competitive match but the manner of it must raise concerns.

Tonight showed nothing of the sort - our performance levels were fantastic for the vast majority of that match, and judging by your comments I would highly doubt you went tonight!

Our performance level should be fantastic against lower league teams for the vast majority of the match.

Should he go?

NO.

Did he make a mistake taking off Hughes and Bryson?

YES.

Do I care about losing a cup game, because we always do anyway?

NO.

[size=2](Maybe a little)[/size]

We'll win on Saturday, then everyone will be singing "Nigel Clough's barmy army" Just the way it goes in football, they're was still some positives out of this game, we look more dangerous from set pieces, showing signs that our CB pairing can score, and another top class performance from Will Hughes again. Also Tyson scoring again. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Now.

On with the moaning. - Stupid subs cost us the game really, (Obviously Clough thought they'll do better) which is worrying. Naylor playing LB isn't helping when he's a CB, hopefully the kid from the scum will come in, and do better. (Also we had/have O'Connor out injured)

But, we ALWAYS lose cup games, lost to Shrewsbury last season and then went on our best run of games in YEARS,

It can go either way on Saturday,

If we win, it shuts everyone up.

If we lose, it'll go to, "Clough is an idiot" - "If we had Shackell this wouldn't have happened"

Personally, I think we'll batter Wednesday on Saturday, it's just the way it is with us.

Now, lets move on from losing against Ssausagehorpe on peno's..(I know it's hard for some) and beat the so called "MASSIVE" on Saturday.

Thank you, and good night. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Although I do appreciate your point. How many 'overreactions' are we going to suffer yet again this season?

Yes it is the first competitive match but the manner of it must raise concerns.

Worrying about how many overreactions we are going to have this season on the basis of one game is in itself an overreaction!

Archived