Is Mr Nigel Clough tactically good enough at this level and should he go?

Davey B

Well last night ranged from the sublime to the ridiculous - scoring 5, Tyson getting off the mark, Jacobs with 5 assists, Hughes playing well, our new captain getting off the mark in his first game - if we could stop there it would have been a fantastic evening. Sadly, that's where the ridiculous comes in - conceding 5 at home to Scunny in one half, conceding two in injury time alone. FFS. Unacceptable.

I'm not having a go at Clough - but something, went drastically wrong in that second half.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this one has to go down to NC.

We were cruising at 4-1,and NC brings off left back Gareth Roberts and Bryson.

We collapsed!

I think every one of Ssausagehorpes efforts,came down the right wing,then.

Tom Naylor could not cope,as simple as that.

The Ssausagehorpe winger roasted him.

Despite conceding 3 goals second half you'd think a two goal lead with 2 minutes of injury time would be enough. The club need to come put and apologise for the farce. The dcfc official Twitter are doing my head in, retweeting bullshit claiming there were a lot of positives last night.

Conceding 5 at home to lower league opposition is as bad as it can get.

The dcfc official Twitter are doing my head in, retweeting bullshit claiming there were a lot of positives last night.

It's disappointing to lose like that, but there were far more positives to take from that game than negatives.

It's disappointing to lose like that, but there were far more positives to take from that game than negatives.

I disagree mate, no amount of positives can outweigh what happened last night. We were 5-3 up with 2 minutes of injury time to go, that should be enough to win a game. We are the only team in english football with the ability to throw a way a 2-0 lead in injury time. Never mind losing TWO 3 goal leads. I don't usually get bothered about losing a game, I've always supported Clough even after some awful performances but last night is embarrassing. I actually felt ashamed of the team i love last night for the first time.

Despite conceding 3 goals second half you'd think a two goal lead with 2 minutes of injury time would be enough. The club need to come put and apologise for the farce. The dcfc official Twitter are doing my head in, retweeting bullshit claiming there were a lot of positives last night.

Some games just happen like that. Get over it and quite frankly get over yourself. Man City lost to some tinpot lower league club in a cup game a few years back, they lost 3-0 at home as well! The difference here is that we didn't lose in 90 minutes, we didn't lose in 120 minutes, we lost on penalties, and in a shootout where both side took 9! It was a freak match, one of those oddities that will be remember for years to come, but I would read very little into it. We looked solid and comfortable at half time, and we did score 9 goals and miss a penalty.

Come to think of it, I recall Arsenal beating Liverpool 6-3 at Anfield in the League Cup years back. There was also Tottenham's 7-4 league win over Reading in the Premier League years back as well. Odd results happen.

Archived