announcing goalscorer

seabo1

When watching bayern Munich and other foreign teams when they score the man on the microphone says the first name of the scorer and the fans shout the second name of the scorer and he repeats it. I thought it would be good for us because it will try and get more of an atmosphere in the ground! and get us (the fans) more involved.

your thoughts?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When watching bayern Munich and other foreign teams when they score the man on the microphone says the first name of the scorer and the fans shout the second name of the scorer and he repeats it. I thought it would be good for us because it will try and get more of an atmosphere in the ground! and get us (the fans) more involved.

your thoughts?

Worst

Idea

Ever

AC Milan and Inter have being doing it a few years. I think it's best kept one of those foreign things. Like songs without words. It's not atmosphere its noise.

Besides, Rams fans don't even cheer names at the start

This idea smells of bored kids on their excessive school holidays!

As others have said, hardly anyone would shout up - probably only the screechy kids that join in so it wouldn't really work.

Yes I want to know who has scored (for both teams, not just Derby please!), but a simple "Goal for Derby scored by number 11 Theo Robinson" is absolutely efficient and the best way. None of the "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL" or "WHAT A BEAUTY!" or the OP's 'idea' rubbish.

It sounds brilliant over here, but would sound all "continental" in England i think.

FC Basel fans are great at the vocal support in general, as the team is announced 1 hour before the game, they do the whole announding one name and crowd shout the other, then, the best bit, is at the end the announcer will say "Danke" and the entire stadium shouts "Bitte" (thanks and your welcome for the thick) it sounds incredible and is highly amusing the first few times you hear it.

Get him to announce all the ***** crosses and missed sitters - we can then BBBOOOOOOOOOOO

which we are so more used to doing to our own players.

It's all atmosphere innit.

It sounds brilliant over here, but would sound all "continental" in England i think.

FC Basel fans are great at the vocal support in general, as the team is announced 1 hour before the game, they do the whole announding one name and crowd shout the other, then, the best bit, is at the end the announcer will say "Danke" and the entire stadium shouts "Bitte" (thanks and your welcome for the thick) it sounds incredible and is highly amusing the first few times you hear it.

Hey these continentals really know how to have a good time don't they? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

How about, after the shout of "Bitte" all the fans chanting

I don't mind if I do! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

In the end it all comes to fans. In mid 90's ice hockey European Cup for teams were held in Helsinki and we got Swiss team from Bern here. They had perhaps 60 people and the noise they made was awesome. And they clearly had a lot of fun while doing it. From what I have seen Rams fans are a lot like fans here. When the team scores or plays well the fans will participate but when things are not going so well the sulking begins.

Archived