Kieron Freeman

Ambitious

Just to recap

According to Red Dawn we signed Freeman on a free which turns out to be an undisclosed fee, he's got an attitude problem for being aggressive to fans on the internet yet it's actually the fans that could be said are being aggressive to him which he finds funny. Oh and he's a chav but we are awaiting details on that.

I'm calling it that Freeman is a decent young player that Red Dawn is bitter about seeing join his rival team.

Welcome to Derby Kieron.

He's a good player that needs to feel wanted

A good football brain & can play in the midfield

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Derby County signing Kieron Freeman says he jumped at the chance to join the Rams, after the 20-year-old completed his move from fierce rivals Nottingham Forest on Wednesday.

The six-time Wales Under-21 international put pen-to-paper on a two-year deal with the Rams after the two clubs agreed an undisclosed fee for the defender earlier in the week.

And after coming through his first full 90 minutes for the side in Wednesday’s Under-21 2-2 draw with Leeds United, Freeman says he could not wait to link up with manager Nigel Clough’s squad.

He told Rams Player: “I have been in to training twice and not been allowed to train, so I just had to stay in the gym on the bike.

“Initially it has been a bit frustrating watching on as the lads go out to train. But thankfully it finally went through today (Wednesday) and it was great to get 90 minutes under my belt.

“When I heard that Derby were interested – and especially with the profile the Gaffer has got, in that he gives young players a chance, I rang my agent and I jumped at the chance.”

Rams boss Clough has indicated that Freeman will have a big role to play in the newly formed Under-21 league along with fellow summer signings Valentin Gjokaj and Michael Hoganson, and Freeman revealed he is 100% focussed on training hard in a bid to aid his development at the Rams.

He added: “Hopefully I can continue to get games under my belt and we will just go from there.

“I learnt a lot during my loan spell with Notts County and I really enjoyed my time there under Keith Curle.

“Playing regular football really helped me develop as a player, and hopefully if I can perform consistently in the Under-21 squad, then I can progress to the first-team.”

Watch the full interview with new signing Kieron Freeman exclusively on Rams Player.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk//news/article/jumped-at-the-chance-330117.aspx?

Baring in mind the lads age all he will have seen for himself being a local lad is Forest in league one and Derby top half of the prem, then a few seasons of Derby in championship, Forest in league one, then when forest eventually clambered up to the same football tier as derby we have gone on to have the upper hand on the pitch. If you add to that Stadium, and training facilities then you can see why a young lad would be chuffed with a move to the Rams. Same applies to any players born late eighties early nineties.

Obviously a trouble maker...wanting to play well for the U21's and earn the right to play in the first team. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Does he mean that Forest stopped him training or that he couldn't train at Derby?

"I have been in to training twice and not been allowed to train, so I just had to stay in the gym on the bike."

It's a fair point mate - if he stayed at Forest then he'd have to wait for someone else to buy him. Forest don't blood youngsters, they sell them, and then buy the cast offs from others.

Forest have an array of talent at the back apparently?

Ask County fans what they think about Forest decision to sell Freeman (I know he wanted to leave) and keep Maloney!

RavenBish

[size=3]

The Curle Criteria

Supports:Notts County

SBB

Internet enabled moan

Jul 2011

Re: Maloney,Freeman and Lascelles

Freeman, Cohen and Raddy are the only players i rate/wouldn't want to lose. Everyone else can go for the right price.

-----------------------

They all really rate Freeman, funny how that changed! The above comment is classic... Love it'

Reading their forum, the amount of them that don't rate Jake Buxton - it makes me wonder how people get certain percaptions on players when I doubt anyone would of seen him play - I offered a forest supporting friend who laughed at Jake Buxton a chance to see some of his games a while back, it took 2 games at which he picked out at random for him to say Buxton looked better than Shackell... Incredible really, I guess some people just seen 'ex burton' and then think he is poor! The longer he goes a secret the better...

Reading their forum, the amount of them that don't rate Jake Buxton - it makes me wonder how people get certain percaptions on players when I doubt anyone would of seen him play - I offered a forest supporting friend who laughed at Jake Buxton a chance to see some of his games a while back, it took 2 games at which he picked out at random for him to say Buxton looked better than Shackell... Incredible really, I guess some people just seen 'ex burton' and then think he is poor! The longer he goes a secret the better...

Doesn't help that at least 95% of the inhabitants of their forum are retards. The other 5% are our lot undercover.....

Doesn't help that at least 95% of the inhabitants of their forum are retards. The other 5% are our lot undercover.....

I think in all honesty they have a biasedness as we do, I try and stay fair but I'm always going to be biased to the team I watch week in week out!

If there is one thing that I like about the American owners it has made me more open minded and realistic towards our ability and potential - whereas the poor souls down the road are still of the opinion 'he plays for Derby, wouldn't make our squad' when they have signed the players they have you would hope for a better reaction - Gillett and Halford were starters in a much poorer side picked up for barely nothing... Whereas Zidane, Cox, Hutchinson, Harding and Ayala were back ups/bit parts in better sides! Yet they still seem to have this self delusion about whoever plays for Forest is a class above and whoever plays for anyone else is awful... Makes little sense and is slightly embarrassing.

Another one said they have the better youth players - lascalles and freeman were the only ones I had heard of for being good, Bamford turned up and then got sold and we've just took freeman off them for nothing to play in our u/21! Shoe on the other foot, imagine the uproar if they managed to get their greasy mits into Bennett, Hughes, Hendrick, O'Brien...etc I would be livid and shocked to the core and they would be filling their pants!

Archived