Not a net zero spend.

davenportram

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ball going on loan won't have generated any in income it may have been sweetener on top of the fee paid for Keogh and wouldn't have reduced the reported fee.

If you notice the poster put question marks on the Oconnor fee. However how likely is it that a player who is still under contract and a first tean squad member costs less than £200k?.

Addision is part of our squad and went for 150k, and you have Ball going out at nothing, so given that he was not part of the managers plans last season, the 200k comes from ? Maybe they wanted to get rid of the wages ?

Addision is part of our squad and went for 150k, and you have Ball going out at nothing, so given that he was not part of the managers plans last season, the 200k comes from ? Maybe they wanted to get rid of the wages ?

Addison spent the season on loan and so was not part of our squad at all.

Oconnor played 28 times for Doncaster And was unused substitute 3 times.

Both clubs may have wanted rid of wages

But seeing as Oconnor was more part if their respective managers plans last season, and would have possibly been of use to Doncaster this year, his value should be more than Addison's.

Clough on RD said Coventry asked for him as part of the negotiations.

Seems to me the some off your figures haven't come from reliable or even unreliable rumours, you are just guessing, surprising as you seem very keen to pull the "link" card whenever I've quoted figures before.

I'm sure you will correct me and point me to the source of these rumours though, apart from the radio of course :-)

The figures mentioned are all threads on this forum

The Clough interview was on RD and as you know finding one line of sorach on I player is a needle in a haystack job.

The most paid since Barker and more than received from Shackell were all over RD and commented on at the time on this forum

The figure for Jacobs was in the DET and so was the figure for Coutts

The only one where no figure has been mentioned is Oconnor and, I didn't give a figure but have given a plausible reason why £200k is reasonable based on Addison's figure (a player who wasn't in our squad at all last season)

Here's one saying Coutts was £400k

http://www.football.co.uk/preston_north_end/derby_capture_coutts_rss2794360.shtml

Here's one saying Prestkn had accepted £400k from Peterborough - would they have taken much less from us

http://www.prestonnorthend-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/coutts_posh_deal_falls_through_748368/index.shtml

Here's on saying the asking price for Coutts was around 400k

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Potential-Hull-City-catch-Paul-Coutts-Player/story-16456913-detail/story.html

That's more than was given, again not by me.

Well who would have thought that only one transfer window later the hulse fee would have been 3m lower, but sometimes clubs cut their losses to get rid of a player.

Who also would have thought cywka would have gone on a free, or maguire for a few hundred k less than what we paid for him?

My comments are it being a net spend was based on what came out of the club, I haven't yet seen anything that wouldn't say that this hasn't been the case yet.

Honestly, I rather looking at it in terms of what you know for sure:

Out:

Shackell - Undisclosed

Addison - Undisclosed

Maguire - Undisclosed

Varney - Maybe got £300k as part of the deal from last year, likely to have been accounted for back then as incoming money and unlikey to be included in the thinking this year

In:

Jacobs - Undisclosed

Coutts - Undisclosed

Keogh - Undisclosed

O'Connor - Undisclosed

So we combine all those values and we get a grand total of undisclosed with maybe another £300k on top...

Even using the media's figures, which we can never be sure of, we get a figure something around:

Out:

Shackell - £1.1 mil, other rumours suggest anything from £750k to £2 mil depending on how dodgy you like your rumours

Addison - £150k

Maguire - £250k

Varney - Maybe £300k, see above

In:

Jacobs - £450k

Coutts - £150k - £400k

Keogh - £850k - £1.2 mil

O'Connor - ???, absolutely no idea

For totals of:

Out: £1.15 mil - £2.7mil

In: £1.45 mil - £2.05+ mil

Net Spend: -£1.25 mil - £900k+

This showing the obvious, that we have no idea about what the fees actually are, and how such pretend accounting shows us nothing whatsoever! Even taking the best guess we get:

Out:

Shackell - £1.1 mil

Addison - £150k

Maguire - £250k

Varney - £300k

In:

Jacobs - £450k

Coutts - £400k

Keogh - £1.2 mil

O'Connor - £200k, a complete guess

For totals of:

Out: £1.8 mil

In: £2.25 mil

Net Spend: £450k

Of course, on top of this we need to take into account, wages, signing on fees, clauses, agents fees and other things we have no idea about. So even if we had it down as solid as: "we spent £450k on fees", we still have no idea what this means for an overall spend. Long story short, we have absolutely no idea! We may as well just say, undisclosed at this point...

Savings on wages is always dragged out in transfer deal comparisons, but we ran at a £7m loss last season and as wages are an ongoing cost savings in wages are better looked at as reducing future losses ( the effects of that in this years loss will be reduced by the net spend if positive or increased if net spend is negative)

Or you are happy to take rumoured figures from any source if it backs your opinion.

I am, I won't deny that ;-)

As opposed to starting a thread with rumoured figures with no source.

I have provided links to the figures I quoted, or sources they were based on that have been commented on this forum.

I also provided links to Coutts fee which outstrips that given by a different poster ( a figure I didn't state in my original post)

And provided an argument why that different posters guess for Oconnor was plausible

The reason I didn't give sources in the original post was they had all been discussed in other threads and the figures I stated appeared to be those accepted in those threads.

Archived