davenportram

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sold - Shackell, Maguire. £1.35m undisclosed but from rumours

Varney 300k

So thats 1.65m income

How much have we spent?

Jacobs -£500k (I think that was the rumour)

Keogh - £750k - £1.2m (based on the most we have paid for player and more than we received for Shackell from RD)

Coutts - cant remember the rumour

Oconnor undisclosed

Quite possibly a net spend and not break even.

I can think of someone on the old DET forum who would have taken you to task over the last sentence.There are 3 options and each could justify a "quite possibly" appendage.

"More than we received for Shackell" is a statement to conjure with,as it could mean the transfer fee negotiated,or cash we received from the League,net of any possible owed instalment/s.Thus the Keogh price could vary according to which alternative you choose.Seeing as we were told that Shackell might be sold to strengthen the side (without weakening the defence too much),it would appear bizarre if he were sold just to get in a better replacement

No no no !!!!

We can't improve unless we spend more than we take in, its impossible 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Obviously where Gadsby went wrong in his bid-perhaps he should just have said we'd spend what we received.Even with his offer of £5m net,you were one (in the not too distant past) who wanted to know where the funding would come from thereafter.When I pointed out that he'd said the Plaza would provide funding,you came up with a figure that you'd recalled from his website (but couldn't verify as the site had gone).Therefore you knew full well where the funding was to come from,yet still posed the question.

Obviously where Gadsby went wrong in his bid-perhaps he should just have said we'd spend what we received.Even with his offer of £5m net,you were one (in the not too distant past) who wanted to know where the funding would come from thereafter.When I pointed out that he'd said the Plaza would provide funding,you came up with a figure that you'd recalled from his website (but couldn't verify as the site had gone).Therefore you knew full well where the funding was to come from,yet still posed the question.

Thought you might bring that up again, and I stand by my comments made at the time they were made, was it one or two years ago (its that long I cant remember)

£5m net now may get us promoted, but back then it wouldn't have because of the differences in squad strength and the amount of loans we had (which was also claimed the £5m would rid us of the need to have)

I can think of someone on the old DET forum who would have taken you to task over the last sentence.There are 3 options and each could justify a "quite possibly" appendage.

"More than we received for Shackell" is a statement to conjure with,as it could mean the transfer fee negotiated,or cash we received from the League,net of any possible owed instalment/s.Thus the Keogh price could vary according to which alternative you choose.Seeing as we were told that Shackell might be sold to strengthen the side (without weakening the defence too much),it would appear bizarre if he were sold just to get in a better replacement

I agree, but there was also the "paid more than we have since Barker" which allows for the fee to be £750k, the rumoured down payment for Barker. Which I think I mentioned in my post.

Thought you might bring that up again, and I stand by my comments made at the time they were made, was it one or two years ago (its that long I cant remember)

£5m net now may get us promoted, but back then it wouldn't have because of the differences in squad strength and the amount of loans we had (which was also claimed the £5m would rid us of the need to have)

My post wasn't really about the £5m,but about the subsequent funding.However,since you beamed in on it,have we spent £5m net since the bid?If you were querying where the additional funding was coming from (on this forum,probably less than a year ago),then why aren't you querying the same of this administration,instead of trying to squeeze out a net spend this window (and who knows where it will end come Aug 31)?

I agree, but there was also the "paid more than we have since Barker" which allows for the fee to be £750k, the rumoured down payment for Barker. Which I think I mentioned in my post.

Not sure it justifies the £750k to £1.2m range though,which you've used to boost your "possibility".As soon as you get anywhere near the Shackell figure,you blast out of the water any possibility of his sale strengthening in other areas,which is what we were originally told.

My post wasn't really about the £5m,but about the subsequent funding.However,since you beamed in on it,have we spent £5m net since the bid?If you were querying where the additional funding was coming from (on this forum,probably less than a year ago),then why aren't you querying the same of this administration,instead of trying to squeeze out a net spend this window (and who knows where it will end come Aug 31)?

Gafsby's bid was 2010 wasn't it? That's two years ago. http://www.derbycounty-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/gadsby_takeover_website_506080/index.shtml

Not within the last year.

No need to query where the extra funding is coming from from this administration because they have been stating the intent to get to break even and have been pushing increasing revenues from sponsorship and commercial activities, yes this includes the plaza but not limited to it.

No we haven't spent £5m net since the bid, but we have been running at losses. Had we spent £5m net and not got promoted (which I don't think we would have) would we be any better off than we are now? And Would there have been funds to cover the money provided by our current owners to cover the shirtfalls since 2010?

Not sure it justifies the £750k to £1.2m range though,which you've used to boost your "possibility".As soon as you get anywhere near the Shackell figure,you blast out of the water any possibility of his sale strengthening in other areas,which is what we were originally told.

Shack 1.1

Addison 0.15

Maguire 0.25

Varney. 0.3

Total 1.8

Keogh 0.75

Jacobs 0.45

Coutts 0.4

Oconnor 0.2?(based on him being under contract and used more last season than Addison so having a higher value)

Total = 1.8

So that's a break even using my lowest value for Keogh and a reasonable guess for O'connor

Gafsby's bid was 2010 wasn't it? That's two years ago. [url=http://www.derbycounty-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/gadsby_takeover_website_506080/index.shtml]http://www.derbycoun...080/index.shtml

Not within the last year.

No need to query where the extra funding is coming from from this administration because they have been stating the intent to get to break even and have been pushing increasing revenues from sponsorship and commercial activities, yes this includes the plaza but not limited to it.

No we haven't spent £5m net since the bid, but we have been running at losses. Had we spent £5m net and not got promoted (which I don't think we would have) would we be any better off than we are now? And Would there have been funds to cover the money provided by our current owners to cover the shirtfalls since 2010?

I'm well aware of when the bid was made,but you've made numerous references to it in the intervening period ,and it's one of these to which I referred.Your last paragraph clearly indicates that you didn't think £5m net was sufficient to gain promotion,yet when talking about the current administration you don't appear to see it as much of a problem.

Gadsby's reported £37m bid would have effectively 'bought' some of the mess created (unless you can convince me that the current owners had enhanced the value to £37m from the £16m they paid),so it's not particularly unreasonable to think his consortium may have covered ongoing losses.I also don't remember Gadsby talking of outside investment to fund the Plaza.I noticed that nobody came up with an answer to the question I posed recently about revenue streams in relation to outside investment.

Shack 1.1

Addison 0.15

Maguire 0.25

Varney. 0.3

Total 1.8

Keogh 0.75

Jacobs 0.45

Coutts 0.4

Oconnor 0.2?(based on him being under contract and used more last season than Addison so having a higher value)

Total = 1.8

So that's a break even using my lowest value for Keogh and a reasonable guess for O'connor

Ah,so quite possibly break even and not a net spend?I thought Addison was also under contract (and a lot younger than O'Connor)?Not sure about the "used more last season" argument either.Is Doyle worth more than Hughes?

I'm not getting drawn into another Gadsby v Owners discussion, rehashing old ground. I'm sure top6 will be along shortly to tell me off for commenting on him anyway.

The point of the thread is it is possible that this may be bet positive spend transfer window using rumoured fees and reasonable guesses.

Ah,so quite possibly break even and not a net spend?I thought Addison was also under contract (and a lot younger than O'Connor)?Not sure about the "used more last season" argument either.Is Doyle worth more than Hughes?

I'd say someone who spent a season on loan in league 1 is worth less than a player who was used by his club in the championship for over half their games.

I never said it was definitely a positive spend.

I'd say someone who spent a season on loan in league 1 is worth less than a player who was used by his club in the championship for over half their games.

Hadn't realised Barnsley were a L1 outfit.

Archived