Not a net zero spend.

davenportram

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said it was definitely a positive spend.

I never said you did.Perhaps the thread should be retitled "Haven't got a clue if it's net spend,zero spend,or surplus (so far)".

okay then half a season at L1 becaue the championship club he went to first wouldn't pick him

Surprising they extended the original loan then.Keep on going though-eventually you'll get the right proportion.

I'm not getting drawn into another Gadsby v Owners discussion, rehashing old ground. I'm sure top6 will be along shortly to tell me off for commenting on him anyway.

The point of the thread is it is possible that this may be bet positive spend transfer window using rumoured fees and reasonable guesses.

"Stop guessing" was davenport's curt command to me some time ago,when I had the temerity to suggest that Commons may have been a top earner.Glad to see hypocrisy is alive and kicking.Do we need special dispensation from you to guess anything?(I see it's permitted on this thread).

"Stop guessing" was davenport's curt command to me some time ago,when I had the temerity to suggest that Commons may have been a top earner.Glad to see hypocrisy is alive and kicking.Do we need special dispensation from you to guess anything?(I see it's permitted on this thread).

Touché, however I never stated it as a fact where I'm sure you did with Commons.

I don't care what we've spent. As long as we're better for it. What else matters?

Can Clough make a decent fist of improving the squad on a break even budget and an ever reducing wage bill? He has so far, yes.

Can Clough get us promoted, or even be serious top six challengers over the course of a long hard season, on a break even budget and an ever reducing wage bill? No, I don’t think so.

So, other than FFP miracles, magical interventions or huge dollops of luck what seems to be the one missing ingredient for success? Probably it’s just a bit of extra cash for the squad so we can have ‘two’ quality CBs, have decent cover for our ageing LB and finally have a decent striker.

I’m not on my own here as those seem to be the kind of obvious gaps in the squad that both Clough and Glick have also identified over the last two summer transfer windows.

Can Clough make a decent fist of improving the squad on a break even budget and an ever reducing wage bill? He has so far, yes.

Can Clough get us promoted, or even be serious top six challengers over the course of a long hard season, on a break even budget and an ever reducing wage bill? No, I don’t think so.

So, other than FFP miracles, magical interventions or huge dollops of luck what seems to be the one missing ingredient for success? Probably it’s just a bit of extra cash for the squad so we can have ‘two’ quality CBs, have decent cover for our ageing LB and finally have a decent striker.

I’m not on my own here as those seem to be the kind of obvious gaps in the squad that both Clough and Glick have also identified over the last two summer transfer windows.

We have two quality centrehalves! One of them just happens to not be able to play for the next year...

If we can go up with a young hungry squad that's not cost us the world, then we can strengthen our team and build for the future if we go up, rather than borrowing against our future to buy the likes of Claude Davis and come crashing down with 3 years to run on his big money deal.

Touché, however I never stated it as a fact where I'm sure you did with Commons.

Nice try,but I'm always very careful about things I state as fact.In the case in question,it most certainly wasn't stated as fact

Now now ladies, there's nowt worse than talking money.

It's so repulsive.

Ramblur, how are the potatoes coming on?

Spuds are about the only things doing ok- though they are fairly close to a potential war zone.

Varney - Maybe got £300k as part of the deal from last year, likely to have been accounted for back then as incoming money and unlikey to be included in the thinking this year

[size=4]Indeed, wise words in accounting. The Varney figure would have been accounted for on the previous year, this can't be included in this years 'budget'.

Most transfers nowadays are £x amount now and £x amount later. i.e. if a player leaves for 100k the purchasing club would pay 50k on the transfer date and 50k in say 12 months’ time.[/size]

[size=4]If we agreed to pay 800k for Keogh, I would imagine we have not yet paid the full amount of 800k.[/size]

Archived