Rams Player

Oxram

What is it with the huge pixels? I don't know if this is down to Derby County or the 'Player' host but even in the small screen the quality is some of the worst I can think of for any video service available. The low, med or high options make no difference and as soon as play goes down one end I can barely tell the difference between Ward and Tyson! Some of the interviews they do seem much better but annoyingly i wouldn't mind the bad image quality on an interview and usually just play them in the background.

I thought that DCTV was getting an upgrade...

"The DCTV studio, which currently produces content for Rams Player on dcfc.co.uk and the concourse TV screens around Pride Park Stadium, will also undergo a digital upgrade"

I had expected this to be a quality upgrade rather than the new graphics we now have and I'm hoping this is just yet to change.

I now live in Oxford and Rams Player is how I follow the football but the poor quality is really starting to grate on me. Working out who is on the ball isn't as hard when you know all the players and their numbers but with the new players I often can't tell and I doubt I'm the only one

I've had a look at the new Youtube channel and they upload in 420p so it seems the club make them low quality, is this for any particular reason?

does anybody have any more info on this, is it out of DCFC's hands?

and are you happy with the quality you get?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get annoyed with the picture quality as well but what really grates me is the sound quality of the interviews. When I watch them on my iPhone there is so much background noise it's almost impossible to hear Nigel. Not sure of its just my phone but theres a constant 'wishy washy' background noise, not sure how else to describe it. Anyone else get this?

I get annoyed with the picture quality as well but what really grates me is the sound quality of the interviews. When I watch them on my iPhone there is so much background noise it's almost impossible to hear Nigel. Not sure of its just my phone but theres a constant 'wishy washy' background noise, not sure how else to describe it. Anyone else get this?

No, because I'm too stupid to work out how to play it on mine. Swear you can't play ramsplayer on an iPhone?

Crosby?

No, because I'm too stupid to work out how to play it on mine. Swear you can't play ramsplayer on an iPhone?

I mean via the official app which has all the same vids as rams player.

I get the same noise, also my club news hasn't updated since 27th don't know whether that's down to the new site we've got not being linked to football league app yet?

Agreed the video quality isnt brilliant. Maybe they are have had an upgrade at PP dont forget we havent played there yet.

What annoys me though is why cant they put a scoreboard in the top corner? remember watching the Leeds away match last season and its the only 1 iv seen which had a digital scoreboard on the screen.

Still for less than a fiver a month it does the trick.

i thought glick mentioned they were looking at a multi camera set up in the fans forum? i heard this said somewhere i'm sure (sorry, sorry no link!). i do agree ramplayer quality is poor. maybe they are waiting until the start of the season to upgrade video quality? as for the sound thats partly to do with Nigel talking very quietly and the interviewer talking very loudly and the inability of the sound man to get the right balance. i always find myself upping the volume when nige is on and down again when he shuts up. i'll still buy it cos i like listening to the rams on the radio, its how i grew up and with most saturday afternoons free i listen to every game.

It is very close. I don't really know how the demand prices will pan out yet but there is a lad who will have my seat for the night games I can't get to.

I'll probably keep it this season (not fully decided yet) and see what happens.

If you buy 12 game plan and 6 game plans and sit sw upper all games would cost £356 so if you know which night games you can't make should be big time cheaper for you to buy these game plans

If you buy 12 game plan and 6 game plans and sit sw upper all games would cost £356 so if you know which night games you can't make should be big time cheaper for you to buy these game plans

Taking everything into account.

The amount of games I'll have to take annual leave for plus grief off her indoors

Enjoyment factor - no time for a post match moan in over a pint or two.

Potential saving if i decide to miss most of the night games and just buy plans for the weekend games.

Good excuse to go to a few more away games.

Its a no brainer - season ticket must go. Its the only sensible decision..

Unfortunately my sense deserted me when I became a Derby fan and i just can't bring myself to do it. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Taking everything into account.

The amount of games I'll have to take annual leave for plus grief off her indoors

Enjoyment factor - no time for a post match moan in over a pint or two.

Potential saving if i decide to miss most of the night games and just buy plans for the weekend games.

Good excuse to go to a few more away games.

Its a no brainer - season ticket must go. Its the only sensible decision..

Unfortunately my sense deserted me when I became a Derby fan and i just can't bring myself to do it. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

I suppose the plus of having a season ticket is being able to spread the cost and it is cheaper if you can watch all the games plus you get same seat every game and probably have your mates around you, trouble is money talks and I know sw corner is ***** atmosphere but it's easy to get served at half time and view pretty good to and there generally isn't anybody shouting abuse at players and you'll never get the sun in your eyes or wet if it rains as it's well covered I'll probably by 2 6 game plans as it's cheap enough and easier on work

I suppose the plus of having a season ticket is being able to spread the cost and it is cheaper if you can watch all the games plus you get same seat every game and probably have your mates around you, trouble is money talks and I know sw corner is ***** atmosphere but it's easy to get served at half time and view pretty good to and there generally isn't anybody shouting abuse at players and you'll never get the sun in your eyes or wet if it rains as it's well covered I'll probably by 2 6 game plans as it's cheap enough and easier on work

**** atmosphere, but if it's dirt cheap, might attract more people to sit there.

and i don't think there will be any groupons this year.

**** atmosphere, but if it's dirt cheap, might attract more people to sit there.

and i don't think there will be any groupons this year.

Think there is 2 for 25 groupon against hull. Love it so cheap for tickets but get the feeling season ticket sales next season will be massively down as it nearly as cheap to buy singly

Archived