the new derby team have a lot to prove

B4ev6is

I think we'll finish 19th, after a difficult season mainly of highs and lows.

I also think there will be more board out protests and wouldn't be surprised if Clough was gone this time next season, that is my prediction anyway, hope I am wrong.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also think there will be more board out protests and wouldn't be surprised if Clough was gone this time next season, that is my prediction anyway, hope I am wrong.

Seriously? Or is that satirical? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Seriously? Or is that satirical? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

More of a crystal ball prediction, it's hard to judge where we're at in fairness. I don't think it would be unreasonable for us to get in the play-offs and it's certainly not unreasonable for us to get relegated.

so I went for 19th position - with a season of highs and lows which we have only ever experienced under Clough, some great football and a 6 match unbeaten run, followed up by punt football and winless in 9. sort of season.

If we finish that low down, the heat on the manager will be worse and the animosity towards the board will increase - hence that prediction.

in all honesty, I have no idea where the team is at in terms of quality, never seen or remmeber seeing Coutts, Jacobs or Keogh and not going to make a prediction on their ability due to other fans or price tag, they have to earn that themselves. There is also a question over squad depth, injuries roll in too the point where we've seen in the past at one point remember having 7 defenders out and 12 players injured overall (3/4years ago) anything along them lines would wipe us out completely.

it's a stab in the dark prediction rather than be doom mongering, because in all honesty I haven't got a clue where abouts our team is at... Hughes and Bennett could be the best 2 players in the league next season, i'm hearing conor doyle is doing well, what if he turns out to be a 20 goal a season man? all our players are young and therefore have the ability to surprise... young players are consistently inconsistent

Unless we go three in the middle I think Hughes will be mostly used in wide positions. I'm not sure he can thrive in the middle of a 442.

In a 433 he is just the man to 'pull the strings' which is just the kind of creative player we have been struggling to find in the last few seasons. Creative attacking centre midfielders are too expensive for us to buy, on our budget you have to grow your own.

----------------Hendrick------------Bryson

----------------------------Hughes

Bennett-----------------------------------------------Ward

---------------------------Robinson

Exiting young line up. Might get some serious funds in when we inevitably cash in on them too soon.

I think something similar but Hendrick, Bryson, Coutts in the middle and Jacobs, Ward and Robinson upfront (so far anyway) I think anyone who plays the long ball this season should get the cane, when it comes to aerial ability we're probably low down on the list in terms of getting the ball down and knocking it around we should be quite good.

lets see what happens, but yes... there is definitely some assets here!

More of a crystal ball prediction, it's hard to judge where we're at in fairness. I don't think it would be unreasonable for us to get in the play-offs and it's certainly not unreasonable for us to get relegated.

so I went for 19th position - with a season of highs and lows which we have only ever experienced under Clough, some great football and a 6 match unbeaten run, followed up by punt football and winless in 9. sort of season.

If we finish that low down, the heat on the manager will be worse and the animosity towards the board will increase - hence that prediction.

in all honesty, I have no idea where the team is at in terms of quality, never seen or remmeber seeing Coutts, Jacobs or Keogh and not going to make a prediction on their ability due to other fans or price tag, they have to earn that themselves. There is also a question over squad depth, injuries roll in too the point where we've seen in the past at one point remember having 7 defenders out and 12 players injured overall (3/4years ago) anything along them lines would wipe us out completely.

it's a stab in the dark prediction rather than be doom mongering, because in all honesty I haven't got a clue where abouts our team is at... Hughes and Bennett could be the best 2 players in the league next season, i'm hearing conor doyle is doing well, what if he turns out to be a 20 goal a season man? all our players are young and therefore have the ability to surprise... young players are consistently inconsistent

I bolded that bit not to be critical but to ask an honest question. Maybe I'm being a bit lilly livered here.

Do the new players really have to prove themselves to us fans before we believe they are good enough or if the manager picks them should we not give them the benefit of the doubt?

My own feelings, I'm fully expecting Jacobs, Coutts and Keogh to be a collective improvement on Green, Maguire and Shacks

I bolded that bit not to be critical but to ask an honest question. Maybe I'm being a bit lilly livered here.

Do the new players really have to prove themselves to us fans before we believe they are good enough or if the manager picks them should we not give them the benefit of the doubt?

My own feelings, I'm fully expecting Jacobs, Coutts and Keogh to be a collective improvement on Green, Maguire and Shacks.

That's a good point - the angle I was getting at is that I won't make a prediction on a player before I've seen them play, personally I haven't seen any of them play so why would I go out on a limb and say if they're good or not. Clough, however, no doubt has seen them play a lot as with the thoroughness of his scouting... I of course will give them the benefit of the doubt for now, but they have got to prove they're a good player to the management, fans, club...etc

My own feelings, I'm fully expecting Jacobs, Coutts and Keogh to be a collective improvement on Green, Maguire and Shacks

Although I see your point, did you not think that though when he brought in Maguire and Tyson last year, two players that we were lead to believe were our stella signings.

In the pool of players clough has to work with when bringing someone in, some are going to work straight away, some are going to time to bed in, and some are going to fail, thats not a criticism on NC, but he has to look at potential over proven.

Although I see your point, did you not think that though when he brought in Maguire and Tyson last year, two players that we were lead to believe were our stella signings.

In the pool of players clough has to work with when bringing someone in, some are going to work straight away, some are going to time to bed in, and some are going to fail, thats not a criticism on NC, but he has to look at potential over proven.

Proven players are normally in the same boat, I sometimes believe it's a lottery who will work and who won't.

I share this prediction.

Theo is the only player who ever tries an effort on goal, despite the fact his accuracy is pretty apauling unless its a tap-in.

Tonights friendly showed how goal-shy tyson, bennett and ward are.

Until CFs who actually want to have a crack at goal are signed we will struggle to score goals and finish mid table at best

Theo is the only player who ever tries an effort on goal, despite the fact his accuracy is pretty apauling unless its a tap-in.

Tonights friendly showed how goal-shy tyson, bennett and ward are.

Until CFs who actually want to have a crack at goal are signed we will struggle to score goals and finish mid table at best

Ward is usually popping off shots even when he shouldnt be. I agree Tyson and Bennett are obviously waiting on a goal to get them going but they might just end up in the right place for a tap in towards the start of the season and then the issue is sorted?

hey guys i haved had a very hard long day at work i have not long wroken up again, i have no probleam at nigal looking at players on trail at least you can see what your getting for your money, and nigal clough has said he will be sending a scouting team to the games to have a look at a striker hopeful.

Archived