the new derby team have a lot to prove

B4ev6is

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iupoli, i liked him, but he was only a short term solution, as soon as it was clear he had no intention of wanting to stay longer, Billy never played him.

Loans are not the answer in my opinion. Not heart for the club.

Why was it such a shock for all commentators that we were comforatble mid table and actually lookedat time like we could put soem results together? - Because we have no household names/ star players in the team. Nothing was known about us so it was a surprise

This season some of the players have to prove last season wasn't a fluke for them, but as a squad there is nothing to prove as no-one really expects us to achieve anything - including many of our fans (me included).

what i mean is people we be expecting to finnish higher than 12 and pushing for top 10, but at the moment i think it might be a season of struggle because lack of fire power but i hope i am wrong.

Well, the windows still open, so we'll have to wait and see.

Rather than shelling out on a striker we should try to develop our own. Robinson will hopefully continue to improve and ofcourse we have Bennet waiting to make an impact and Ball should get a decent chance at Coventry.

Lets play it cool.

I would like another option personally, we can't rely on Theo as he is so unorthodox, Ward is too small if we are looking to get crosses in and whilst he has done well it is yet to be seen what kind of threat he would carry as a CF, Tyson is just pants. If Davies was staying I would be happy with our threat but when he goes I think that we are definitely going to be found lacking in attack.

I would like another option personally, we can't rely on Theo as he is so unorthodox, Ward is too small if we are looking to get crosses in and whilst he has done well it is yet to be seen what kind of threat he would carry as a CF, Tyson is just pants. If Davies was staying I would be happy with our threat but when he goes I think that we are definitely going to be found lacking in attack.

I don't want to big him up too much, but I think Bennett might surprise some people. He's a big chunk of a lad and I don't think he'll have much trouble regarding the physical side of the game.

I hear what you're saying though, I wouldn't mind seeing a player like Sammon here. Just as the topic goes, some players have something to prove and I reckon Bennett might just be the guy that steps up. I hope we see alot of Hughes aswell, might benefit the both of them to be playing together.

I don't want to big him up too much, but I think Bennett might surprise some people. He's a big chunk of a lad and I don't think he'll have much trouble regarding the physical side of the game.

I hear what you're saying though, I wouldn't mind seeing a player like Sammon here. Just as the topic goes, some players have something to prove and I reckon Bennett might just be the guy that steps up. I hope we see alot of Hughes aswell, might benefit the both of them to be playing together.

I was just about to jump on the "big chunk of a lad" bit as I remember him being a weedy little boy. Just checked and it says he is 5'10" (which I don't quite believe) but that is more than big enough. I hope you are right because I really want to see this kid do well- I sat behind his mum for one of the games last season and it was funny to see her jumping around in her seat when he was on the ball. However, I think that Hughes showed much more during his cameos but we can't rely on kids up front we need someone else

We need a striker, a left back, a big center midfield ball winner type and maybe another center back who is reliable for a season. I think we will finish 12th with a possible 5 places either way.

I was just about to jump on the "big chunk of a lad" bit as I remember him being a weedy little boy. Just checked and it says he is 5'10" (which I don't quite believe) but that is more than big enough. I hope you are right because I really want to see this kid do well- I sat behind his mum for one of the games last season and it was funny to see her jumping around in her seat when he was on the ball. However, I think that Hughes showed much more during his cameos but we can't rely on kids up front we need someone else

The last time Mason Bennett was a weedy lad I bet he was 9 years old.

Hughes and Bennett are different players, Hughes looked excellent I agree and Bennett wasn't afraid to put himself about. Was unlucky not to score at Middlesbrough. Don't think they'll both start the season in the first 11 but I can definitely see them both coming on together during the early part of the season and from there I guess we'll see how they develop.

Suppose we'll see what happens on the potential striker signings and wether Savies leaves before September.

did notice i said sam vokes is being let go by wolves

but he could be at chamship level he is still a good player and could prove a little gem.

IMO he isn't the 20 goals a season striker we need, he has played 81 games at Championship level and only scored 14 goals (one goal in 5 to 6 games), granted there was 5 loan clubs involved but I think he is more of a Heskey/Kqui than a Howard, would I have a punt at him at half a million, yes. but not for his goals more for his presence.

Archived