the new derby team have a lot to prove

B4ev6is

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what i mean is people we be expecting to finnish higher than 12 and pushing for top 10, but at the moment i think it might be a season of struggle because lack of fire power but i hope i am wrong.

Well we have the same strikers as we had last year, we have an improved midfield and all the youngsters from last year have more experience under their belt. I don't think it would be unreasonable to believe we could have a better season than last year with the squad we have right now?

Well we have the same strikers as we had last year, we have an improved midfield and all the youngsters from last year have more experience under their belt. I don't think it would be unreasonable to believe we could have a better season than last year with the squad we have right now?

Green and Shackell have gone, Barker is out for the season, and our main striker has personal problems.

B4 has probably based his opinion on that he hasnt seen enough of the replacements to take a view on if it is going to improve the squad, I tend to agree with him.

Green and Shackell have gone, Barker is out for the season, and our main striker has personal problems.

B4 has probably based his opinion on that he hasnt seen enough of the replacements to take a view on if it is going to improve the squad, I tend to agree with him.

Green played out of position covering for injuries, the players we have there now will be better at doing the job he was doing last season.

Shackell obviously has been replaced and we will find out if he is as good or better. At the moment I'm, hopeful. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Barker was out for most of last season and we did fine without him.

The biggest change I see is we look more attack-minded in midfield but Coutts will also add some strength.

Green played out of position covering for injuries, the players we have there now will be better at doing the job he was doing last season.

Shackell obviously has been replaced and we will find out if he is as good or better. At the moment I'm, hopeful. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Barker was out for most of last season and we did fine without him.

The biggest change I see is we look more attack-minded in midfield but Coutts will also add some strength.

Hope your right, I like the sound of more attacking, fingers crossed.

Green didnt play until after Christmas and has been replaced. Barker didnt play for the first three months or the last 3 months and we have got OB and Buxton to cover, if you look at the results while those two were in the side I wouldnt be surprised to see a fairly equal number of points per game. Shackell is replaced with keogh.

Can you remember where you said we would finish last season LR?

Martyn has probably based his opinion on the fact that NC might know more about football than B4. I tend to agree with him.

Some are able to judge that we will go backwards with the players weve brought in, despite having not seen enough of them to form an opinion. How can it be that others are not afforded the same rights?

Green didnt play until after Christmas and has been replaced. Barker didnt play for the first three months or the last 3 months and we have got OB and Buxton to cover, if you look at the results while those two were in the side I wouldnt be surprised to see a fairly equal number of points per game. Shackell is replaced with keogh.

Can you remember where you said we would finish last season LR?

Martyn has probably based his opinion on the fact that NC might know more about football than B4. I tend to agree with him.

Some are able to judge that we will go backwards with the players weve brought in, despite having not seen enough of them to form an opinion. How can it be that others are not afforded the same rights?

Think I said we were going to finish lower or about the same as the previous year ??

As for the rest of the post Im not sure what you are on about, Martyn asked the question about being a better squad, I said couldnt base an opinion as I dont know what the replacments are like and replied to him I hope he is right, I dint say Martyn was wrong just that I didnt agree or have I missed where I said that ?

Think I said we were going to finish lower or about the same as the previous year ??

As for the rest of the post Im not sure what you are on about, Martyn asked the question about being a better squad, I said couldnt base an opinion as I dont know what the replacments are like and replied to him I hope he is right, I dint say Martyn was wrong just that I didnt agree or have I missed where I said that ?

Sorry LR. I think Im getting too caught up in the fact its been a wildly over negative summer and I am guilty of having little pops at everyone and anyone. I forget that there are actually some fair views coming from the "other" side of the coin.

Im off to have a coke and a smile and try to remember that I used to be charming.

I can't see us getting a striker in to be honest, we'll probably start with Ward and Theo up front against Wednesday but who knows, maybe they'll hit it off, if midfield can put some decent balls in I can't see why not?

I can see Ben Davies having a good season, well he's gonna have to if he wants to keep his place but I like him in the team. I think Mason and Hughes are going to make their mark as well. I'd say our squad is pretty good overall, they all seem desperate to prove themselves and we've got the newuns - Coutts and Jacobs.

The main thing, like last season will be the back four because that's how we won games. I really hope Bucko/OB and Keogh can keep them out.

Keep the faith! Especially you B4 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

We will finish top 10 IMO even without another big signing, excluding loans. Keogh, Brayford, Fielding, Bryson, Robinson to have stand out seasons. Reckon Bavies will do well as another poster said. Robinson to bag between 15-20 goals with plenty coming from midfielders.

But isn't this the case at the start of every season??? Unless we were signing established world beaters there's no way of knowing if the team will improve or not. Why are we even covering the same ground about needing a striker and a left back., we've known that for a year. Aren't we scraping the barrel for the topic of B4's weekly rant???

For the record, if Savies goes and we don't replace him I can see us struggling 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

I agree with a lot of whats been said.

I have no doubt we will be as organised as anyone, and we will be hard to beat.

How high we finish i think will depend entirely if the front 6 can offer something different going forward this season.

I can see us struggling to finish top half if we cant create or score goals away from home.

Would love to see a goal scoring midfielder signed or at least one top strikers, if not 2.

I truly believe thats the difference between mid table and being a definate in the top 6.

I await with baited breathe how easily Couts and Jacobs settle and how well they do, and obviously if Tyson and Ward can get some goals it will make all the difference.

i am not having a rant i just can't see us scoring many goals because many teams, will man mark theo so tightly he will struggle to get behinde other teams back 4, i think we need another quick striker or another experance striker that can, give theo or bennet i helping hand that he can say make the run now i putting the ball through to you. i always keep the faith in the lads i just want to see if they can find some more fire power then maybe we might be pushing 6 or even top 3.

Archived