Mansfield Town v Derby County

Day

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caton looked sharp, impressed me. Number 5 CB was good aswell. Hughes and Bennett were ok. Jacobs didnt get too much of the ball cos we played down the middle a fair bit, but he didnt look out of place. Ward surprisingly good to say he was playing down the middle.

Where did Caton play?

"We can take a lot of positives from this game."

{content}
1) It was a friendly[/indent]

{content}
2)If it had been a cup game David would have slain Goliath[/indent]

{content}
3) It's over and done with.[/indent]

{content}
It can't get much worse.... or can it? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />[/indent]

My first post so excuse any mistakes. Why do we think the result is so important. We had 2 teams playing 45 mins each against a team who are in the middle of their pre season.

No injuries today and we have tried a few new players

Also no points lost. Keep the faith

My first post so excuse any mistakes. Why do we think the result is so important. We had 2 teams playing 45 mins each against a team who are in the middle of their pre season.

No injuries today and we have tried a few new players

Also no points lost. Keep the faith

Report to the forum introduction thread straight away Mr Yet.

Some people tonight were disgusted sat around me, are the expectations really that high for a worthless pre season game against Mansfield?

Good bit of fitness and get a look at a few players, that's all the first couple of friendlies should be about.

First half: Keogh looked horrid but not judging anyone yet. I remember seeing Claude Davis for the first time at Mansfield and he looked world class, wast a very good indication of whats to come!

Jacobs wasn't in the game much but looked good in patches. Hendrick, Ward and Theo all good too bar a few chance Theo should of popped in.

Second half: A very young, inexperienced side that got bullied by a very tall, powerful Mansfield side. Despite the size differences I thought Bennett, Hughes, Caton and Coutts all stood out. Coutts has alot of skill but he had a sense of greediness about him, I hope not as he played well. Caton looks well worth a punt too. Tyson and Bucko both had a few face palm moments, the latter with cheers from the home fans.

All in all it was disappointing to lose to lower league opponents but it's not about results at the moment. When we use 22 players in one match how can anyone seriously judge anything?

I don't think its a coincidence both of their goals came early in the second half just after we changed the full line up and they didn't.

Nothing to worry about.

I seem to remember when we've had bad preseasons we usually do well. Im sure we had a shocker before the Billy Davies promotion season.

I remember Barker's debut at Chesterfield. One of the worst performances i'd ever seen. Not worried about Keogh just yet.

I was thinking that too.

Misjudging a header massively to let Chez score. "What have we bought here!!!". now he's plastered on the side of our stadium walls, I hope Keogh follows in his footsteps.

(Apart from the injuries, leather jackets and actually being painted on our stadium.. I don't like it).

Just got in, I reckon Mr Tibbs got it spot on.

I thought Coutts looked good, just what we need. Who was the tall CB in the first half alongside Keogh, young lad with black hair, I thought he looked decent? And think it was Caton, orange boots down the left? He might be worth a shot?

Poor Tyson, looks like he needs a good w*nk before he'll get goals. Theo, well he was just Theo... Ward, Brayford and Bryson all there usual good selves.

Loved the big quid a burger announcement, Glick never thought of that did he.

I wasn't there but here is my take on the result.

It was a friendly so shouldn't be too upset, however, we didn't win it comfortably or even win it at all and therefore just based on that fact there is very much room for improvement!

I feel just looking at the squads previous, that we need more faces coming through the door at Pride Park - no excuses, we could do with 4-5 faces for the new season.

You find out more about the side after a loss, so I hope we use this pretty disastrous night to look at where we are weakest and why we are weakest.

My criticism of Clough for tonight would be to keep key partnerships together and try and build on them, especially down the middle of the park - Buxton and Keogh - Hendrick and Bryson and Ward and Theo.

Archived