Mansfield Town v Derby County

Day

Exactly, he always looks capable but to me can't pass at all. Wonder what would have happened had he have missed.

He didn't...

...but if he had then many would have just continued to appreciate the fact that he’s a cheap, steady, and reliable backup who’s only had a few bad games in the time he’s been with us.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody heck. You won't catch me saying 'this team will be promoted'.

Tbh, I'm a miserable bugger and think and have always thought a couple of them (Bavies, Tyson)

Are lucky to get a kick in this division.

But you won't catch me moaning about some **** friendly.

They are literally just a kickabout. An important training session. Used for fitness and bedding in. Half of footballers won't risk a decent tackle or a full on sprint.

Why bother having them then?

Honestly mate it's just to add a bit more competition. To push players for that extra yard of sharpness they don't get from an 11aside kickabout with teammates in their everyday place of work.

They're supposed to gradually build up in friendlies. So by the time the big friendly comes players are sharp, at a decent level of fitness and can treat the last friendly more like a league match.

Serves Nigel to put tactics into practice and see them under different pressures.

I don't expect much again this season, but no results up until Wendy game will help us make up our minds.

Dunno about anybody else but i feel embarrassed losing to Mansfield.

People say 'pre-season results are unimportant, it's about building fitness up' . I'm not so sure as i buy this. We hear enough about players not showing enough in training, thats why they're not in the team. Well is not a pre-season friendly training? How about showing enough and try to win the game? Or is not trying to win the game part of training?

I dont buy this its Mansfields 5th game and Derby's first game either. Do professional players really go that rusty after a few weeks lay off. Fact is we're a Championship side and got beaten by a non-league outfit. Not good enough and utterly embarrassing.

Im glad im not the only one, i honestly think we're guna struggle this year, due to alot of bigger teams being in the championship that are spendin on better players than we have bought in, but not only that we let shacks go and he was our rock at the back, if the midfield ****** up you still fealt safe with the back four especially when he was there. But now with roberts gettin on and havin no real cover for him and Buxton being the likely starter along side Keogh (who i dont think is as good as shacks) we could be in for a rude awakening. And as for Attack, if Davies goes and we dont sign a proven goal scorer and theo got injured we would struggle again. I jus hope the Mansfield result wasnt a sign of things to come and i am proven wrong.

Im glad im not the only one, i honestly think we're guna struggle this year, due to alot of bigger teams being in the championship that are spendin on better players than we have bought in, but not only that we let shacks go and he was our rock at the back, if the midfield ****** up you still fealt safe with the back four especially when he was there. But now with roberts gettin on and havin no real cover for him and Buxton being the likely starter along side Keogh (who i dont think is as good as shacks) we could be in for a rude awakening. And as for Attack, if Davies goes and we dont sign a proven goal scorer and theo got injured we would struggle again. I jus hope the Mansfield result wasnt a sign of things to come and i am proven wrong.

Well at least you haven't rushed to an early judgement like some fans this season.

Is our defense worse than what we started with last season

Anderson/OB replaced by Buxton

Shackell replaced with Keogh

Brayford

Kilbane replaced with Roberts

Or what we ended with

Brayford out so Naylor out of position at RB

Buxton

Shackell replaced by Keogh

Roberts

They are literally just a kickabout. An important training session. Used for fitness and bedding in. Half of footballers won't risk a decent tackle or a full on sprint.

Why bother having them then?

Think McFly! Think!

Reds... It's nothing to go with winding my neck in, if you would have excepted that stags beat your team from the start then I wouldn't have gloated so much, as said to the Rams fans we didn't find it surprising because unknown to both your sets of fans ( and rightly so because we are small fish in comparison to both clubs) we have a wealthy owner now who has invested a lot of money, we have the best squad for ten years or so! And we are going all out to win the conference .. And then into league 1 ( chairmans words).

Archived