Mansfield Town v Derby County

Day

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to disagree with my fellow stagsfan regarding Jake Buxton. When he was at Manfield the problem was not him but the incompetence of players he was playing with coupled with the fact that it was toward the dark days of The Haslam era and susequent relegation from league football. Another problem was that he criticised the fans in the local press and that was really bad timing given everything we were going through. After seeing how he performed at Burton Albion I was not surprised Clough took him to Derby and having seen how he's played there,(on tv), he has justified that faith.

I feel its ok to comment on other fans football forums but not to critise their players.

I would like to echo SnB's sentiments. While you're stuffing your face with £1 burgers at the Missed Call every week we watch a proper standard of football and we know Bucko doesn't look out of place so pipe down...

As for the result, who cares. It's pre-season, it's all about fitness & sharpness. If the fixture was played in three weeks time the score could've been different...

Keep your hair on.. Just stating I didn't rate Buxton when he was with us that is purely my opinion.. As for the score would have been different a few more games in is irrelevant I am stating that I don't think you guys appreciated how much more difficult this game probably was last night.. Given the investment in our team, to be fair stags are probably fielding a strong league 2 team at the minute not a non league side.

Brayford. Buxton. Bryson. Tyson. Coutts. All in second half team. With Hughes and Bennett etc. Should not concede 2 goals to conference side. Dress it up how ypu like

Ok, we will, seeing as that's what you seem to be doing here.

I'll tell it how it is: a pre-season game where no one got injured and everyone got a chance to blow out the cobwebs.

But why not dress it up as a mark of a club in crisis?

Were not in crisis but try to be constructive and not just blindly say things like its only this and that. We have room for improvement. But you only see Clough is good. Clough has done a lot of good things I don't doubt that. This is a forum for debate.

Anyone who feels the need to "debate" the result of the first pre-season game needs to go down to the corner shop and buy a clue.

Were not in crisis but try to be constructive and not just blindly say things like its only this and that. We have room for improvement. But you only see Clough is good. Clough has done a lot of good things I don't doubt that. This is a forum for debate.

I agree it's a forum for debate and I don't see everything Clough does as good.

But we can only have debate if we're sensible, and the things we're deducing from our first friendly is ridiculous. You can tell about as much about our upcoming of our season from my lunch as you can last night. There's so little debate about a pre-season friendly that it's hardly worth discussing.

There's nothing to dress up. We had a friendly, and we played it, with no injuries. Thereafter there is little of significance to add, positive or negative.

Not necessarily talking about who says what and I agree with the sentiments about pre season objectives. Time out I think hope its a good game on sat against Brewers.

We don't need a time out, I'll kiss and hug you whenever, I'm just a fiery ginger.

Keep your hair on.. Just stating I didn't rate Buxton when he was with us that is purely my opinion.. As for the score would have been different a few more games in is irrelevant I am stating that I don't think you guys appreciated how much more difficult this game probably was last night.. Given the investment in our team, to be fair stags are probably fielding a strong league 2 team at the minute not a non league side.

How is Paul Cox getting on? Always thought he was good enough for bigger things when managed my local team Eastwood

I will not keep my hair on while someone insults Super Buxton. That's for damned sure. You sir are vile.

I will not keep my hair on while someone insults Super Buxton. That's for damned sure. You sir are vile. Super Buxton LOL if you think he's Super try watching a few lower league games, there's better in l2 or in our case the Conference.. As for me being Vile if Vile = realism then there's millions of us vile people around!!

In an ideal world Buxton wouldn't be in our team with Barker and Keogh, also I expect Naylor and OB to have more of an impact this season, I know people don't rate OB but Buxton had one or too awful games last season too.

Buxton is OK as back up, but I'm worried at him becoming a first team regular as he will be this season.

In an ideal world Buxton wouldn't be in our team with Barker and Keogh, also I expect Naylor and OB to have more of an impact this season, I know people don't rate OB but Buxton had one or too awful games last season too.

Buxton is OK as back up, but I'm worried at him becoming a first team regular as he will be this season.

Finally a realist.. I totally agree and understand your concerns, nothing against the lad but I thought you'd attract a better calibre centre half, Jake IMO would be a decent lower league CB I just tend to think he's punching above his weight in the championship

Finally a realist.. I totally agree and understand your concerns, nothing against the lad but I thought you'd attract a better calibre centre half, Jake IMO would be a decent lower league CB I just tend to think he's punching above his weight in the championship

I think the goal againt Forest makes people like him, look at Shola Ameobi as he only scores against Sunderland, in interviews he seems a likeable chap who can't believe he has this opportunity!

I think the goal againt Forest makes people like him, look at Shola Ameobi as he only scores against Sunderland, in interviews he seems a likeable chap who can't believe he has this opportunity!

Exactly, he always looks capable but to me can't pass at all. Wonder what would have happened had he have missed.

There’s plenty who liked and appreciated his qualities before he scored that goal.

Archived