Paul Coutts

matty1

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

people are saying he'll replace bailey on the bench but from what i've seen he could either make clough accomodate 3 cm's or push one of bryson or hendrick out of his place. bring back 4-2-3-1!

on the bench? I think we're definitely going 4-3-3/4-5-1 and he'll be a regular starter without a doubt!

Fielding

brayford, keogh, bucko/OB/gjokaj, roberts/hoganson

hendrick, bryson

ward, coutts, jacobs

theo or our new striker???

bennet and hughes to come off the bench or start sometimes, tyson and bavies to push for ward and jacobs' place and the attacking three to interchange positions

Everything I've seen in preseason suggests we'll carry on with the same lop-sided 442 we played for the second half of last season. With Coutts playing on the right of midfield and tucking in (letting Brayford get forward), with more of a genuine winger on the left (Jacobs or Ward).

Fielding

Brayford Keogh Buxton O'Connor/Roberts

Coutts Hendrick Bryson Jacobs

Ward Theo

Thats without a new striker or Davies not staying

Fielding

Coutts Hendrick Bryson Ward

Theo Davies/New ST

or 4-3-3

Fielding

Coutts Hendrick Bryson

Jacobs Theo Ward???

Then maybe Tyson for Theo and Bavies or Tyson again for Jacobs

thats the type of thing that clough does and nobody likes

Except nobody likes it when we play with one up front and nobody likes it when we get overrun in midfield either. People have some deluded fantasy where we play with 2 out and out wingers and 2 out and out strikers and play brilliant football and dominate games but it's not going to happen in this league with the players we can realistically get. So many teams overload midfield in some way (either with an extra man in there, or a wide man tucking in, or a striker dropping deep) and unless we do the same, we will get outplayed week after week. Tucking in a wide midfielder is a strategy that is used by a lot of different teams, and it makes the best use of the players we have got, so it's fine by me.

Archived