Conor Sammon

DcFc Dyycheee

I'm a bit grumpy as well this morning. Probably cos I'm not funny enough to join the sammon school of puns.

When you log on and see the thread has jumped from 19 to 24 pages you're could be forgiven for thinking something major has happened in what could be the biggest transfer news of our summer.

Can we leave the jokes to the pro's like Boycie, Utch and ever so occasionally JW and can we get them on threads that are not involving our major striking targets.

I'm off to shout at the kids who keep pressing all the lift buttons in our appartment block then run away laughing while I have to wait a full 3 minutes.

Fun? pffft... highly over rated.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit grumpy as well this morning. Probably cos I'm not funny enough to join the sammon school of puns.

When you log on and see the thread has jumped from 19 to 24 pages you're could be forgiven for thinking something major has happened in what could be the biggest transfer news of our summer.

Can we leave the jokes to the pro's like Boycie, Utch and ever so occasionally JW and can we get them on threads that are not involving our major striking targets.

I'm off to shout at the kids who keep pressing all the lift buttons in our appartment block then run away laughing while I have to wait a full 3 minutes.

I'm sure those kids are having a whale of a time with the lift

Chorley Ram is not alone. I too am sick of reading page after page of unfunny puns and wish the posters would go away and find some schoolboy corny joke website that they can waste their time on. I know I am wasting my time complaining because some so called comedian will reply immediately with another pun but this so called "humour" pisses me off no end

This is from someone who calls himself Chris Peduck. Pot,kettle,black.

At least you're man enough to admit it...

However you're breaming if you think the puns will tail off. I think that it will start to flounder once we're all trout of fish options and we will return the thread to the sole purpose of rumours...

Just check newsnow before you come on here to see if there are any stories related to it. When we here some concrete news i'm sure we will all discuss it like adults. I apolgise if any puns annoy you, i have been gillty of a few bad ones and i'll definitely scale back on them.

This is from someone who calls himself Chris Peduck. Pot,kettle,black.

Sageisback- Not quite the same though, is it? I am not usually a grumpy old git- I can actually be very witty and like to think I can outpun most people on here but I want to read real transfer developments, not pun after pun . One of the previous posters was right- you see all these posts and think something is happening, only to trawl (unintended) through message after message of vaguely fish related stuff. The novelty long since wore off and this isn't the place (no I'm not going there) for this stuff- it needs to be the Beano or Dandy or whatever is out there now (showing my age).

Sageisback- Not quite the same though, is it? I am not usually a grumpy old git- I can actually be very witty and like to think I can outpun most people on here but I want to read real transfer developments, not pun after pun . One of the previous posters was right- you see all these posts and think something is happening, only to trawl (unintended) through message after message of vaguely fish related stuff. The novelty long since wore off and this isn't the place (no I'm not going there) for this stuff- it needs to be the Beano or Dandy or whatever is out there now (showing my age).

Best places for transfer news are...

DCFC.co.uk

Thisisderbyshire

Sky sports

BBC football

This site tends to carry secondary news, or discussion on news features that have already broken elsewhere.

DCFC.co.uk

Thisisderbyshire

Sky sports

BBC football

This site tends to carry secondary news, or discussion on news features that have already broken elsewhere.

I think you're doing this site an injustice. I do watch all the sites you list but this site often breaks news (By the way,when a hurricane is on the way ,do TV weather channels break wind?). Apologies but I had to retaliate against all those god awful puns.

DCFC.co.uk

Thisisderbyshire

Sky sports

BBC football

dcfcfans.co.uk

This Other sites tend to carry secondary news, or discussion on news features that have already broken elsewhere.

Corrected that for you 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Archived