What's the alternative plan?

sage

So imagine you're NC and after finishing 12th, you are told at best, you need to keep wages at the current level and you can only spend what you raise in sales. Add to that Barker is out for a year and Davies won't sign a new contract for personal reasons.

What would you do differently?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard question to answer without knowing what the players are on, and using FM style valuations. And are we talking a few days before Shackell was sold? I'm guessing that's why this question has been raised.

I'd start with the keepers by releasing Deeney, loaning out Atkins with a recall option.

In defence wouldn't of allowed any outgoings

Midfield again no outgoings

Up top raffle Tyson off pound a ticket, sell Ball (sorry I just don't see it with him)

Outgoings

Maguire, Green, Davies, Tyson, Ball, Croft

Incomings

Jacobs

Maguire and Jacobs probably equal each other out just about. Using money raised from Davies, Tyson and Ball bring in a striker (Reading got Le Fondre 350k, it can be done on the cheap), use the loan market to bring in a young centre mid and left back for backup.

Tell the fans to expect a similar finish to last season as its going to be a tough league this year, none of this promotion bullshit. Give Bennett and Hughes a few games invite Prem scouts down and hopefully cash in on those two next summer and strike a deal to keep them on loan for a season.

Hard question to answer without knowing what the players are on, and using FM style valuations. And are we talking a few days before Shackell was sold? I'm guessing that's why this question has been raised.

I'd start with the keepers by releasing Deeney, loaning out Atkins with a recall option.

In defence wouldn't of allowed any outgoings

Midfield again no outgoings

Up top raffle Tyson off pound a ticket, sell Ball (sorry I just don't see it with him)

Outgoings

Maguire, Green, Davies, Tyson, Ball, Croft

Incomings

Jacobs

Maguire and Jacobs probably equal each other out just about. Using money raised from Davies, Tyson and Ball bring in a striker (Reading got Le Fondre 350k, it can be done on the cheap), use the loan market to bring in a young centre mid and left back for backup.

Tell the fans to expect a similar finish to last season as its going to be a tough league this year, none of this promotion bullshit. Give Bennett and Hughes a few games invite Prem scouts down and hopefully cash in on those two next summer and strike a deal to keep them on loan for a season.

How much do you think we'd get for Davies, Tyson and Ball? about a million i'd have thought

Davies 400-500k

Tyson 200-250k

Ball 200-250k

£1m sounds about right yeah

This means you would start the season with 2 recognised strikers theo and whoever you bought. I'm guessing you'd then hope they have no injuries or suspensions all year? I'd do exactly what Clough has done as we do have cover at centre back even though it's not the best and the money for shackells is the same as those 3 put together

This means you would start the season with 2 recognised strikers theo and whoever you bought. I'm guessing you'd then hope they have no injuries or suspensions all year? I'd do exactly what Clough has done as we do have cover at centre back even though it's not the best and the money for shackells is the same as those 3 put together

As Clough said today Ward can be used up front and we still have Bennett this season so that's 4, Jacobs on the left and Davies on the right. It's all sorted don't panic, sent Nigel an email and told him to fetch Shackell back.

I would hire myself as manager and bring in foreign players.. I'd also have us playing good football and we'd win promotion..

I'd also charge the booers who get impatient everytime we string 3 passes together double.. Hopefully it will drive them away as they simply know nothing about football..

I agree with the resign bit, but what scares me is the septics would give the job to one of the backroom boys, and save a bit more cash 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

septics or sceptics?

i'm good with either... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I'd of kept Shackell unless he requested to leave.

Sell Savies, never of bought Tyson...... Sell Tyson, keep Bailey, flog Bavies instead.

Bavies 250k?

Savies 500k?

Buy a striker. Next priority a CM who's brave.

Flog Doyle and Croft and Deeney for owt.

Moan in the press how we need to invest to improve. No LB cover, not enough CBs.

Never play 442 again without good wingers and a striker who's good in the air.

Oh, and tell moaners on message boards to stop second guessing me cus I'm calling the shots.

Have sex with Tudgays missus

Archived